Bought a book for holiday

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well just back from sunny Tenerife and i always like to take an easy reading book on holiday so ended up buying 'the ice man' about a Mafia contract killer so i bought this in January and kept it for holiday and start reading it the story is seemingly a true one the guy was a nutter and a bit of a dick but was enjoying the book then got to page 288 and then it jumps to page 337. . . . 50 pages missing from the book so couldnt read any more, i come home and try to retuen it with play.com but you only have 28days, so now i need to give them a call. Aaahhhhh all this for 50 pages :Angryfire

Dont mess about with play. Just take it to a local bookstore and say somebody bought it from there as a present for you (so you dont have receipt).

They will exchange the book for you and they will be refunded by their supplier so nobody loses out. It just saves loads of hassle.

I have had to do this when I bought a new camera from ebay and it turned up with a defective battery (the manufacturer knew there was an issue with certain batteries and would have exchanged it NPs but there was a postal strike on and I needed the camera for my holiday).
I just nipped up to my local asda and bought the same camera from them, swapped the battery over and took it back to them for a refund.

Happy days.

edc

Back