Bodymax stuff

wonko

Inactive User
Reaction score
is it any good?

been looking at gettign marcy power 10 rack - £350 ish which i've found several good reviews for

but found bodymax does a clone the cf378 for £100 less - about which I can find practically nothing

has anyone any experience with bodymax benches? are they worth getting or shoudl they be avoided?

Keep looking at Powerhouse Fitness online. Sometimes they knock the prices of their Marcy stuff right down but it is unpredictable.

Marcy stuff is probably better in build but the Bodymax stuff looks quite close. Never used any Bodymax stuff though.

I'm guessing that you seen it here:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf378-deluxe-power-bench-system.php

yep - tho now swinging towards the cf475 rack with lat attachment - roughly the same price, found a couple of good reviews on it and everythign i read says if your working out alone you need a rack - only prob is it doesnt come with a bench

hxxp://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf475-heavy-power-rack-with-latlow-pulley.php

in case anyones interested the bodymax cf475 cage/rack is a good solid bit of kit - a bit rough round the edges (unflattened welds that sort of thing) but nice and solid - however it is both bigger in all dimensions and heavier - by 20kg - than desribed - not a problem if it's going in a garage but if it's going up six flights of stairs the increased weight makes the difference between getting it up in 1 hit or having to open the box (yep - 1 box - 89kg) and carry bits up individually - for anyone considering one in a property with low ceilings it's approximinately 4 inches taller than specified - and in terms of the other dimensions it really requires an empty reasonable size double room to be useable in - or a garage - you will not fit this thing in a single room and be able to use it (even if it is big enough to fit a single bed inside it lol)

am I glad I got it - yes - would I have bought it if I'd known just how damn big it is - probably not - which would have been a mistake - who needs a bed anyway?

Nice power cage :).

I also like buying things that don't fit into the house well.

Back