Best DVB-C (cable) Card

S90

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Could anybody suggest the best DVB-C card to use one which is widely supported for descrambling also looking for a card that has dual tuners and hd if possible.

A member of another forum suggested a TechniSat card didnt know if these are any good most of the topics i read in here are with people using FloppyDTV

My pc spec:
Gigabyte S775 nForce 630I MATX DDR2 Audio Lan VGA
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 S775 2.66GHz 3MB 1066FSB
2GB RAM
8800GTX Graphics Card
Windows XP SP3

Any Ideas
Thanks
Nick

The best card for you is the technotrend 2300 premium, as it wont need much resources to run.

There is no card out, with dual tuner`s , but that is on the horizon, and will come out in time.
As for high definition, you will need a budget card, and because cable only have bbc hd , its not worth the bother, and it will slow your processor down..

The other option is the usb interface stuff thats out, but I think these require a cam module in, and you will have to knock up a smart card.

My latest toy, is a sony bravia tv 52" with a cam module , I knocked up a fun card and I get all channels including BBcHD..

My other option is a vdr player , I can knock one of these up, with an old pc costing a tenner, running in 10mins, with an image I made - that works on all pc`s . This runs like a proper set top box , with recording features and pause live tv - mine can record for 300 hours ...

anyway enough of that, am moving away from cable now - giving sky a try ` all them lovely Hd
channels - cos cable looks crap on my new big t.v

If you want dual tuners then a couple of the cheapo Technotrend low end cards will do the job. Your PC wont have any problem running two of them with appropriate software. The low end cards will also handle HiDef although, as already mentioned, there isn't a lot of that on cable at the moment.

Be aware, that with most of these cable cards your signal level needs to be in the good to high range. They dont work well with moderate or low signals.

Thanks for advice trying to find somewhere in the uk with C-1501 In stock is very hard any ideas? Also if i used A FloppyDTV how would i setup the card?

Thanks again

Hi

I have similar PC spec as yours, i tried the technotrend but found it difficult to use, the first one was 1500c which i couldnt get to work at all, had a common fault, they replaced it with 1501c was better but needed tweaking in the symbol rate but still jittered audio and video, i had already purchased a twinhan card which worked a treat no probs, with dvb viewer and vplug 2.3.9 (i think) auto updating, although now and then on scrambled channels it freezes n requires dvbviwer to be closed and restarted, i think its to do with vplug settings, as non scrambled channels work all day long ( i did this as a test)

HISAT : Satellite equipment and information : Triple-Dragon, GbSat, Twinhan, Visionnet, MVision, Dreambox

regards

mudd

Last edited:
My other option is a vdr player , I can knock one of these up, with an old pc costing a tenner, running in 10mins, with an image I made - that works on all pc`s . This runs like a proper set top box , with recording features and pause live tv - mine can record for 300 hours ...

Hi

I built a linvdr box with a technotrend full featured card . I couldn't beleive how it just worked especially compared to my experiences with Mythtv.

Anyway I am trying to work out how to get the encrypted channels working. I so far worked out I need to:

Start again, say wih Debian base install
Compile ffmpeg and vdr and the SC plugin
scan for channels like before
?????
finding docs / howto for SC / cams / keys is next to impossible

can you give some pointers ?

cheers

Back