iPhone Be carful with your data IOS9

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Your mobile data may still be in use even if you are connected to wifi.

Attention Required! | CloudFlare

I haven't seen the setting mentioned myself but the wife says it was on her ios9 iPhone so be carful.

[h=3]Turn off the feature that’s burning through your data allowance![/h] Have you updated your iPhone to the new iOS9 yet? Or have the new iPhone? Well when your bill rolls around you may get quite a shock. Another nasty surprise you may be greeted with is the shock to your battery life. It will probably be drained a lot quicker.
It has been discovered that the cause of both of these issues is a new feature called ‘WiFi Assist’ which is designed to switch your phone to 4G if your WiFi connection isn’t strong enough, but it also uses your data allowance without you realising.
If you have a lot of data included in your plan then it could be a really useful feature, otherwise it could cost you extra.
If you decide that you need to turn it off, then here’s how:

• Go to ‘Settings’ from your home screen
  • Click on ‘Mobile Data’ (or Cellular in the US)
  • Scroll down to the bottom, and underneath your apps you’ll see the ‘WiFi Assist’ setting. Switch that off.
And that should be it! Hopefully that little trick will save you some pounds off your next bill!

Noticed the warning last week on another site, checked my phone and turned off wifi assist. seems it's set to ON by default. :)

Back