Backup manager not seeing my hard drive

hdbb

Inactive User
Reaction score
had my 1tb drive for bout 2 year now, 2 partitions 500gig fat32 and 500gig wbfs

the wbfs plays fine on the wii but when i plug it up to my computer it normally shows the drive i plugged in needs to be formatted meaning its recognised the wbfs drive is present and shows the autoplay for the fat32 partition.
but now it shows only the autoplay for the fat32 partition and no mention of the wbfs,,, tried loading both backup manager and game manager and neither is finding a wbfs drive, but the wii finds and plays it fine...

any ideas?

Someone?

Even a suggstion coz it has over 300 games , im not wanting to format it again

Check in Disk Management in Windows, see what drive letter it assigns it, maybe there's a conflict.

What has changed in your setup? It has to be something on your PC. Can you try on another PC?

BTW, I gave up on wbfs file system a long time ago. I use the wbfs files on a fat32 partition. The HDD has an NTFS partition just in case I have to transfer a large file (over 4GB) such as an iso

What has changed in your setup? It has to be something on your PC. Can you try on another PC?

BTW, I gave up on wbfs file system a long time ago. I use the wbfs files on a fat32 partition. The HDD has an NTFS partition just in case I have to transfer a large file (over 4GB) such as an iso

I formatted my system but its never affected it before, Can you explain the fat32/ntfs solution u use?

I formatted my system but its never affected it before, Can you explain the fat32/ntfs solution u use?
That must be it. I don't think anything has gone wrong with the HDD as the Wii uses it fine. Are you sure it is not anti virus/security program? Are you running backup program as with Administrator privileges?

I use wiibackupmanager_build78. It converts from iso files, corrects file names and auto splits large file size automatically.

The only reason I have an ntfs partition is that some times there is a need to copy large files over, say from a friend. Fat32 is limited to 4gb file size. The NTFS partition is a nice to have and is not necessary. You can backup games onto it and the Wii will play them. Only downside is that you cannot keep your apps on it.

With the fat32 partition, you can keep your apps such as media player, config usb loader etc as well as your games without depending on an SD card. With fat 32, you can also just drag and drop game folders without depending on wbm78. The biggest bonus is that there is no accidental format by the kids. The kids have their movies on it too.

I am afraid that the initial conversion is time consuming. Once you transfer the games, you can then do away with the wbfs partition.

Just an update incase anyone runs into the same problem

I got it sorted by deleting the usb drivers and letting it reinstall again,,, bingo, works a treat.

Simple fix really but hope it helps anyone who needs it.

Thanks for all that tried to help

Back