arnet kryptview

geakem

Inactive User
Reaction score
can i just say...

previously i've had a eurovox blue 2006. stable and usable for about 6 months. Then a capacitor blew and for some reason it refuses to be flashed or jtaged...i was fed up and missing key football games...but...

then i bought an arnet kryptview...

...this is the best picture quality i've seen from a 3rd party tuner. The scan takes a while but most importantly works. the 16:9 format is superb. thanks tmc and seriously guys if you dont care about streaming content over cat5 then get this, it rocks.

yes, this is a very good box.
only downside is the lack or service files at the moment...
apart from that, cant fault it.
picture quality and epg is fantastic1

are these boxes similar to the dreamboxes or are they some sort of take off from the starview? how will the firmware adapt when the keys roll and things the starview requires new firmware but the dreambox doesnt seem to need anything doing with it it just works and is stable

they dont have all the uber features that dreamboxes do...

but, for a standard plug and play cable box, you cant really do much better.

i have a dvb-c twin tuner reelbox which is great if you want bells and whistles, recording, network, dvd recorded, hdtv (the list goes on)..... BUT... the Kryptview's picture quality is even better than the £550 reelbox! The 16:9 handling is spot on, plus the full 7 day EPG is fantastic.

keychanges are working fine, (rolled over fine with latest keychange) and most importantly... the software is being supported by one of the best cable guys i know.

bottom line is, if you want a simple but high quality box that you can plug-and-play, then get this.

if you want to keep fiddling with emus, media streaming and pvr... get a dreambox.

both have their own merits so you cannot make a direct comparison.

but personally i am far happier with the kryptview than i am with any other entry level cable box on the market.

" but personally i am far happier with the kryptview than i am with any other entry level cable box on the market. "

That about sums it up, looks like just another entry level box to me, why pay the £120 that some places are charging for this...when a clone Dreambox 500c can be had for 70-80 notes with all the bells and whistles of built in lan, customisable images, open source support etc etc...
If it's entry level you want starviews are much cheaper than this box...

tbh, the only people that dont like these boxes are people that have never owned one.

sure a DM clone is cheaper, but its nowhere near as easy to set up and most people dont want bells and whistles.

the other entry level boxes are also cheaper, but compared to these they are scodas, these are aston martins. you really do get what you pay for.

there is no other box that is as plug and play as this.

I'd have to agree, with the latest firmware on this, there really isn't much else the average person would want from a box. If they keep improving things on it like the epg, it will only get better.

Last edited:
I own one but still dont like it that much at the moment prefer my dream clone and its simple to setup not any harder than the kryptview actually easier if u got the right image just flash with dreamup with null modem then scan.It took me a while to be able to connect to the kryptview tio load the new software.But i do belive the new image has improved things and hjopefully in time it will be a great box

Back