Anyone got a netbook?

ronster

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title guys, im thinking about getting one of these but just need a little feedback from users
Only thing that seems to be putting me off is the lack of a cd/dvd drive:FRIGHT:
Thinkin about this one
Samsung NP-NC10-KA02UK Samsung NC10 Black,,, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz Processor, Windows XP® Home, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, 10.2" Screen, Integrated Graphics, NP-NC10-KA02UK + FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY

As i said the lack of a drive is putting me off and the smallest lappy i could find in my price range £300 is this
Packard Bell Easy Note BG45-U-300 Laptop - Buy cheap Packard Bell laptops including Packard Bell Easy Note BG45-U-300 Laptop for on the move at PC World lol just noticed that dosnt have a drive either!!
Cheers
edit...really tempted by this aswell lol
http://www.saveonsamsung.com/Samsung_R510;_Intel®_Pentium®_DC_T3200_P_452840.html

Last edited:
ye thats pretty much all i'll be using it for and as you say i can always use an external drive if need be!!

But now im tempted by the lappy in the 3rd link lol

ive got the samsung great little pc but only paid £289 in November

you got no regrets allroad?
what made you choose it over a full laptop...just size?
were did you get it from m8?

10.X screens are too small tbh, 12+ is what i would consider useable.

Ive got the samsung nc10 mate and its an amazing little machine got every thing a laptop has (well apart from a dvd drive) inc bluetooth,wifi,webcam,160 gb hd,comes with 1 gb memory but i upgraded mine to 2 gb.Another thing as well the battery life is out standing under normal web browsing i get 5 plus hours life and you can even get that up to 7 if you turn screen brightness down and play with settings.
My mother has got the Acer One also and what a load of shite that is compared to mine hers is the 110 model with linux and the 8 gb solid state drive she avarages around 2 1/2hours from her battery and is really dissapointed with it.

i got an acer aspire one
the 1gb ram 120gb hdd version

it's got linux on it but i'm going to bung xp on it with a usb stick (if i ever get off the woman)

it fkn rocks

£230 from play.com

I got the Acer One with 120Gb hard drive as well. Got the linux version and just popped XP on it using external drive. Works a dream.
Am very impressed with the speed as well, was expecting it to be sluggish.

I'm surprised at the battery life claim above, i've not checked the actual battery life but i'm sure i'm getting a lot more than 2.5 hours.

We opted for this over a larger laptop because we wanted something that we could easily pick up and put down whilst sitting on the sofa. We also have a full laptop but that is now just gathering dust.

I've even managed to get football manager 2008 working on it :)

I got the missus a white Samsung NC10 for Christmas.

She loves it, hasnt put it down since crimbo. I picked it cause it was small but at 10.2 it wasnt too small like the 8inch acers ect.

And for a small lappy its packed with features, she finds the SD/MMC card slot great for use with her digital camera, and bluetooth for her phone.

Got an Asus Eee Pc 901, wicked, fast, tough and portable, if you can't be bothered making bootable pen drives, portable dvd drives are less than £30
:drunk:

ha ha i bet you'll all need glasses by the end of the month,,,how close have you got to put your nose to one of these things to read?? ....

its not to bad..dont forget the netbook is only 2 foot max away from yer face lol

maybe your blind already elkopite lol

had a test run today by minimising the screen on my pc to 10" and its alot better than i was expecting:banana:

Back