Anyone go Kayaking or Canoeing

gasman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I always had a soft spot for any form of water-sport and regularly take a Canadian canoe down the river Wye in Hereford for a canoe/camp trip with the kids. Just recently purchased a few Kayaks including one of those whitewater play boat's.
Does anyone else enjoy this sport or is it just me

love it!
been on loch lomond loads of times
the kinloch and the gareloch
on a calm day its great fun!
good work out too

Have you tried it on moving water mt as that can be very exciting and yes an awesome workout for the core, abs and upper body. I am out tomorrow on a local mere with the kids trying to teach them how to eskimo roll lol should be fun.

enjoy!
gareloch is a sea loch so fair amuont of movement on that and the kinloch runs into a river so fair currents on both to keep u working hard!

not been out in a while..... putting me in the mood

enjoy!
gareloch is a sea loch so fair amuont of movement on that and the kinloch runs into a river so fair currents on both to keep u working hard!

not been out in a while..... putting me in the mood

Good stuff mt get out there, trouble is down here there's no water in the rivers do me and the kids did a mere where we arsed about rolling and what not. We then drove on to Chester and ran the river Dee for about 12 miles, great fun except for the swans lol. Grumpy gits

been meaning to try this for ages but defo get round to doing it this year me an my mate were talking of doing it on the river tay throw the tent fishing rod and of course the beers in the canoe and away you go cant wait till the weathers a bit better.

been meaning to try this for ages but defo get round to doing it this year me an my mate were talking of doing it on the river tay throw the tent fishing rod and of course the beers in the canoe and away you go cant wait till the weathers a bit better.

Absolute quality idea mate and if the weathers with you then it can be make for some fantastic time's. Just keep an eye on the river levels and make sure to have buoyancy aids and a throw rope in case some gets in lumber.

I am out this weekend arsing about on the burrs in Bury with my lad and our playboats. We will be shooting the wier and running a small patch of whitewater on the River Irwell. If anyone else is about give us a shout there will be four of us and 2 are very experienced paddlers.
Happy days

The Burrs

Last edited:
Back