Anybody got a LG DVD Writer?

pks00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive had it with my burner Pioneer 107D, Ive had about 15 coasters now. Both Nero and imgBurn fail. Im using quality discs in verbatim (most expensive and most coaster producing), as well as infinity. Recently getting loads of problems burning at low speeds 2x

dvd reallocation failed, various imgburn failures etc. Ive tried all sorts to resolve and just pissing me off as nowt works.

So gonna get a new drive. Saw this on play. I know Pioneer's are good, and they got the 116D for £16.99, but I thought I would try LG. Just wanted to know experiences, any known problems etc

I got a LG one from PC world about 6 months ago after my DELL one failed on me. Done tons of dvd's, dual layer etc and had not one issue with it.
The 1 i got was the LG GH22LS30, looks the same as the one in the play picture same features etc, just think it's a later model. But very easy to install and is dead quiet when burning, well worth getting LG in my view.

Well I bought that LG. The pratt that I am, I forgot to change the jumper settings and was wondering why it wasnt being recognised, lol.

First burn, the damn PC froze, typical.

Switched to imgBurn and no failures as yet :) Verbatims actually working now, lol, no more coasters. Ive wasted over ten of them!

i have a samsung lightscribe dvd rw it was only 20 quid it hasnt failed me once yet if the lg turns out to not be great aswell?

thanks for that. Ive had my Pioneer for ages, cant fault them but recently having problems using it. It is old 107D, and the latest one is now 116D!!!

Hopefully this doesnt have a common fault like the LG plasma's

I just get Pioneers, had 106,110 and 112, they all seem to be a similar price nowadays from £13-16, and the tech can't be all that different, I suppose its just personal preference.

I just get Pioneers, had 106,110 and 112, they all seem to be a similar price nowadays from £13-16, and the tech can't be all that different, I suppose its just personal preference.

I thought about getting the Pioneer 116 as that seems to be the latest, you can fault a Pioneer but I thought I would try summat different. I think the 116D was just slightly cheaper than this LG.

Back