iPhone add voices to tomtom iphone

Conners

DW Member +
Reaction score
celeb voices

more celeb

family guy herbert

To change the voices:

1. Select the celebrity voice "dataxx.chk" & dataxx.vif" from the folder and copy to desktop.

2. Rename the files to one of those found in the TomTom app. They start at "data00.chk" and "data00.vif" and go up to about 60. the data00" files are those of "Dansk - Brigitte". I haven't checked the rest.

3. SSH into your iPhone and find the TomTom application folder.
Once in the TomTom folder got to the folder "voices". On my iPhone it was located in "private/ver/mobile/applications/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-x....../US-Canada app/voices"

4. Drag your newly renames files from your desktop into the voices folder on your iphone. You will be prompted if you want to overwrite. I did. But you might want to make a backup of the originals before you do.

5. Now you can open your TomTom app on your iPhone and go to Settings then voices. If you used the file names with "00" then you can select the voice of "Dansk - Brigitte" and low and behold you will have your celebrity voice.

Last edited:
celeb voices

more celeb

family guy herbert

To change the voices:

1. Select the celebrity voice "dataxx.chk" & dataxx.vif" from the folder and copy to desktop.

2. Rename the files to one of those found in the TomTom app. They start at "data00.chk" and "data00.vif" and go up to about 60. the data00" files are those of "Dansk - Brigitte". I haven't checked the rest.

3. SSH into your iPhone and find the TomTom application folder.
Once in the TomTom folder got to the folder "voices". On my iPhone it was located in "private/ver/mobile/applications/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-x....../US-Canada app/voices"

4. Drag your newly renames files from your desktop into the voices folder on your iphone. You will be prompted if you want to overwrite. I did. But you might want to make a backup of the originals before you do.

5. Now you can open your TomTom app on your iPhone and go to Settings then voices. If you used the file names with "00" then you can select the voice of "Dansk - Brigitte" and low and behold you will have your celebrity voice.

Thank you mate. I will give this a try tomorrow:)

Back