Add Games To PS3 Internal HardDrive Tut

jay 210

Inactive User
Reaction score
not sure if already posted .Credit to kameha4th
works with Flash FXP aswell
Okay.

JUST to clarify this to EVERYONE that wants to use this FTP tool to transfer games from their computer to the PS3, I will make a guide.

—-Before I can start this guide please make sure you have a Jailbroken,PSGroove,PS3 and connected to a WiFi Network—-

Make sure you are connected with an FTP client (E.g FileZilla.)

1.)To do this, first go to your PS3 and download
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/download.php?id=92

Put this file on a flash drive and load it up through the XMB under “Installed Packages”

2.)Once installed, you launch the PS3 FTP Server by pressing X. (Note, if you get a black screen right after you launch PS3 FTP Server, then you must put one original PS3 game in the bluray drive)

2a.) Once you see the FTP Server window, look at the top and you will see an IP Address and a port.

Picture: http://i55.tinypic.com/2q3oqpj.jpg

2b.) Write this down for you will need this information when you try and connect with your PS3 on your computer.

3.) Once you wrote it down, download FileZilla

3a.) Download link for FileZilla FileZilla - Client Download

4.) Once you downloaded and installed it to your computer, notice at the top of area of FileZilla are blank spaces under “Host Name”, “Username”, “Password”, and “Port”.

4a.) You will need to put the information you saw from the PS3 FTP Server onto this boxes.

This is how mine looked like:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2s9prgi.jpg

5.) Once you have typed in the all the blank boxes with the correct number, hit the box at the top right corner “Quick Connect”

At this point, you should have been able to connect to your PS3 and see 4 folders called dev_flash, dev_flash2, dev_flash3 and dev_hdd0.

You should be pretty happy at this moment since for your wireless connected to your PS3.

6.) Now you will ask, “Where is the folder I should put my ‘backed up games’ at?” The answer would be:

‘dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/[Your game here]‘.

Now, this is probably the most confusing part for most people but if you go to the ‘dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345′, you will instantly notice that there is no folder called “GAMEZ”.

7.) Make a folder name ‘GAMEZ’ inside ‘LAUN12345′.

Now to ACTUALLY transfer your ‘backed up’ games to the PS3, you will need to do the following:

8.) When you back up/download a PS3 game, after extracted, it will usually have a folder with weird letters and numbers like “BLES00875″ or something similar to this.
This ‘weird’ letters and numbers is the GAME ID for your PS3 to recognize the game under the Backup Manager.

9.) To transfer a game from your computer to the PS3, go to the directory ‘dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/[Your game here]‘ but in the area where I said “[Your game here]“, put the GAME ID
folder here.

10.)Inside the GAME ID folder your PS3_DISC.SFB, PS3_GAME, and PS3_UPDATE should be all in there.

So for example my backup copy of the game 3D DOT HEROES would look like this when I put it on FileZilla:

‘dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLES00875/PS3_Disc.SFB , PS3_GAME, and PS3_UPDATE.’

Well I hope I helped you guys with this guide,

All credits goes to kameha4th, go to his website http://www.animetake.com to support him

It's a wee bitty out of date mate. :)

The smart money is on Open Manager which allows games like F1 2010 to load.

oh and you don't need to transfer the UPDATE folder. :)

Also, Filezilla has been proven to skip and transfer files incomplete, so it's advised that Filezilla is not used.

Last edited:
It's a wee bitty out of date mate. :)

The smart money is on Open Manager which allows games like F1 2010 to load.

oh and you don't need to transfer the UPDATE folder. :)

Also, Filezilla has been proven to skip and transfer files incomplete, so it's advised that Filezilla is not used.

a bit out of date yes
ive always used flashfxp myself back in the days of xbox 1 lol
but a handy tut for the FTP part knowing what folder to put the gamez folder into is a great help

I'm not knocking it mate. All the info needed is right there in your post.

It's just a teensy weensy itty bitty bit out of date, that's all. :)

Back