a 'sky' image?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive flashed a few images onto my dm800 today, and looked into how some of the things work on them, and it got me thinking

the main thing people ask for, is for it to 'be like sky'

while it would involve a bit of work on scripts etc to start it going, i think we could do this once we have the server side of it setup as well

we know we can make a channel list check if it needs to update itself, and we can make this happen, we could also modify this to include picons

what if we created a backup image (for now) where its setup for users who have a C line and stuff, the image has DW graphics etc, cool epg, crossepg to keep it up to date and channel list pre installed

all the end user has to do is insert their line

when rat updates his list, within 24 hours, their box will update to the new list, and the same with picons, all with no user intervention needed

they flash it, and forget about it, cos it then sorts itself out

smaller updates to the image could be done via ipk packages, which i could build once we know what the image update would need, and this could be done via the remote, or again, this could probably be automated

the only time a full reflash would be needed, would be if any major changes were made

what do you think?

I have been playing with openpli, the latest head 2.1 isn't very stable and the stable 2.0 doesn't compile due to librarys missing.
I have been very busy with only a couple of hours for me and the wife each day.
With openpli the tsbackup doesn't work so have been thinking of trying a different image and doing as you say but the 1st boot screen is a pain to change on the box and is much easier while compiling.
I was looking at an image with dw splash screen, tspanel, rats updater, brushed all and kerni skins (dw modded), dw spinners, crossepg and coolepg.
I'm off to te isle of wight until friday but will take my laptop incase I get some time.

Until xmas i'm working on a petrol station refurb on the A12 during the day and delivering packs of an evening and weekends so will have no time to do anything :( . I have to do the packs because when the station refurb is finished I need to still have the packs job available. If I knock them now they will get someone else for this area and I will have nothing in the new year.

im having problems flashing my box, or id flash and reflash however many times it takes to get a backup image made, but when it takes nearly 80 mins each flash, its a lot of waiting lol

ill get an SE clone around febuary to play with

Back