800se HDMI

gchd

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently bought new TV and have issues with HDMI output from 800SE.

randomly picture start to flicker and/or TV gives the error "no signal". putting the box in standby and turning it back on solves the problem most of the time.

Otherwise changing the HDMI port on TV solves the issue , however issue is quite random.

Now interesting thing is , this box was working fine on old TV with HDMI (Both TV's support full HD).

Blu ray player on the TV works fine without any issues so looks like TV is fine as well.

I have 4 HDMI cables and tried all and intrechnaged cables with other devices and no Joy..!

Old TV was Sony and New one is LG.

Image I am running is : SIM2-SSL84B_DreamboxUK-2.1.2_BY-*******-TEAM

Also, I have played around with A/V settings in box by toggling between output from 1080i to 720p and refresh rate but getting same results.!

Also, I have played around with A/V settings in box by toggling between output from 1080i to 720p and refresh rate but getting same results.!

All long shots..Has HDMI setting enabled in box?as you have been playing.Normally this happens when its on scart setting
If all settings are correct maybe a more upto date image may help or a reflash even though box was good on old tv it may need new drivers or something in image for LG tv??..

I am running dm800se with a new LG tv also and have no issues so i am thinking its the box/image.
A reflash will cure everything normally

Last edited:
I had this, setting it to auto seemed to fix it.

dismalswamp: Can you confirm where did you set it to Auto ?

AJT : Yes its set to HDMI output, I have now reflashed the box with latest available (openpli-2.beta-dm800se-simssl84b) and getting the same results..!

One thing I have noticed is if I switch on the TV first , let it error for "No Signal" and then switch on the Box the problem seems to go away...!

Has your image got the HDMI-CEC plugin if it has try disabling as some are set to ON as default sounds very much like a HDMI hand shaking issue

Has your image got the HDMI-CEC plugin if it has try disabling as some are set to ON as default sounds very much like a HDMI hand shaking issue

digi247: yes it does looks like HDMI handshake issue but not sure where to find the settings to sort it..!
HDMI-CEC - Can't see anything in the plugins or any other menu, How do I know if my Images has one?

digi247: yes it does looks like HDMI handshake issue but not sure where to find the settings to sort it..!
HDMI-CEC - Can't see anything in the plugins or any other menu, How do I know if my Images has one?

Hi ref HDMI-CEC if you dont see it in your plugins menu then you do not have it installed

found this maybe it will help
HDMI-CEC problems - Page 4 - [EN] Enduser support - Forums - Page 4

also read switch setting to scart then reboot and then back to hdmi.

also try to update drivers maybe? dreambox-dvb-modules..sorry just brainstorming...

Last edited:
Ok, I got the TV replaced and got Panasonic TV this time. Issue is gone so must be faulty TV.

However I now have another issue, Panasonic TV is not playing AC3 audio, playing mpeg fine. does anybody know if Panasonic support AC3?

Ok, I got the TV replaced and got Panasonic TV this time. Issue is gone so must be faulty TV.

However I now have another issue, Panasonic TV is not playing AC3 audio, playing mpeg fine. does anybody know if Panasonic support AC3?

simply no mate.sorry

Back