5.03 gen-a to gen-b

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

only me again, I have managed to get the chickHen running, then I installed 5.03 gen-a which worked fine on a few games, software said 5.03 gen-a (full)

I then saw 5.03 gen-b so i downloaded and moved that across, i deleted the gen-a installer/loader and then powered off and back on the psp, ran the chickHen and run the quick updater 5.03gen-b installer, this time i did not have to install any flash or reboot back to the main screen, it did it all, but when I look at the software version, its still saying gen-a (full) why is that?

Any help for this, also, i read about a recovery mode to alter settings, I cant seem to get into that, so im running quick updater gen-b but after installing its still saying gen-a full

Im also getting a few new games (F1, Fifa ) not loading, with the error 'the game could not be started (80020148)

I know when I ran the 1st gen-a I went into the options and changed the driver, but I just cant seem to get into that option screen on gen-b :/

Thanks for any replies

Cheers

Last edited:
Hold down the right trigger while you install Gen-B.

It's a overwrite safety measure mate.

Hold down the right trigger while you install Gen-B.

It's a overwrite safety measure mate.

cheers, when i see a video on utube, it shows it installing into flash etc etc a bit like the gen-a did, but this one just goes for a few seconds then goes black and says now reboot your psp blah blah blah and then its back in the main menu, i even tried holding the r button, nothing, is this the correct gen-b? as its the quick updater and dont forget its still saying gen-a (full) on my software

Help lol

Last edited:
ok, all done, i wasnt holding in the L trigger button early enough, its now patched with gen-b and running the f1 game :)

Cheers

Back