3.5 HDD LAN Enclosure Storage System NAS DBOX 2 DBOX2

bloodstone1964

Inactive User
Reaction score
any tried this with hard drive attached its says its the perfect way to record from a dbox2 3.5 HDD LAN Enclosure Storage System NAS DBOX 2 DBOX2 .

Entry level NAS system, both SAMPA & FTP server compliant

Smart DCHP configuration, no IP setting is needed

Lightweight aluminum bezel & compact size

40mm silent cooling fan

User-friendly design

USB 2.0 interface up to 480Mb/s

Hot swappable, plug & play

5 LEDs for Power, LAN, LAN Speed, USB Activity & Fan Failure

Dimensions: 170x114x53 mm

The perfect way to record from your D-Box/Dreambox etc

Saves having a pc constantly powered on

Quiet Fan!

Just add any 3.5 Hard drive!

i got one but could not get the dame thing to work. i put a hdd in it but it would not recognised it. i got pissed off, so i sold it on ebay cheap. i have ordered another one pre configured and installed with the hdd and tested. waiting for it to arrive.

i have one works a treat i got mine from the usa i had to put my own hard drive in but works a treat now worth it cause i dont have to have the pc on all the time :)

osborne82

hi guys any links for these please and also any problems playing back dbox recordings?
cheers

@bloodstone, is this the link?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5-HDD-LAN-E...ryZ16178QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If so... this was put on eBay shortly after it was found that my NAS plugin worked... You can get them cheaper than this... ignore the fact that it says "DBOX2". Also, we've found that the seller is giving customers the wrong instructions on how to get them working, so just beware if you decide to buy from this seller.

This is the one my plugin was tested with:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5-USB-LAN-N...ryZ96894QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (From Hong Kong)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5-HDD-LAN-E...ryZ41911QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (from US of A)

My Oxygen image has built-in mounting support for the above drives so no plugin needed, but other images will require you to use my NAS plugin (see homepage for latest version - old one was buggy)

Although it says the drive supports samba nobody could actually get it to work with the built-in mount options of Neutrino so I had to make the plugin.

Note that all links I have given come WITHOUT hdd which you should purchase seperately.

All products I have linked to are Tried & Tested on both DBOX2 and Dreambox, with flawless direct recording and movie/mp3 playback.
I wrote a thread on this a little while back :)

can these be connected straight to the box via a crossover cable?
cheers

austin said:
can these be connected straight to the box via a crossover cable?
cheers

Yes thats no problem :)
But just remember you'll have to disconnect it if you wanna connect to your PC etc.

now it says 4gig file limit well it is a fat32 after all but what will happen if i try to record a program which is say 2 and half hours which will be over 4 gig?
any ideas?

austin said:
now it says 4gig file limit well it is a fat32 after all but what will happen if i try to record a program which is say 2 and half hours which will be over 4 gig?
any ideas?

You could possibly set up the image to split the file automatically when it gets to a certain size... I know on enigma images you can do this; not too sure about neutrino.

Gurgel (Hallenberg :proud: ) in Germany is at present testing the IDE Interface (2) with his Philips.

He will be the distributor for it and the price will be around £30 -> £50 (Don't nail me down on the price)

They might even include a NAS within neutrino ;-)

@pt-1 do you know if they have added a 100mb lan/usb on to the ide board and if it is working? I think i saw that mentioned on one of the german forums.

Only IDE and maye a CF Card Reader

do u know approx how long it will be before release pt-1?

I guess another month as they want to do more testing and driver tweaking.

It will have a connection for a external HDD Led so you can pimp your Box.

The guys playing around with the CF Card are also having more success

I might post some pictures later how it looks ;-)

I guess it will be another month before "gurgel" starts selling them and maybe a month or 2 later the firts copied boards will appear at ebay

Back