£1000 to spend on a tv , want the best picture for my money any suggestions please

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a sony tv at the moment but that is 5 years old now and only a 32 inch so looking to buy another , are sony the best make to get still ?

the main thing im interested it the picture quality and i dont want one with 3d

what would you get ?

cheers

Re: £1000 to spend on a tv , want the best picture for my money any suggestions pl

From experience I would go for Samsung plasma or lg led I have had Panasonic but feel the other 2 are better. For that cash you will get a good size and smart tv. I have both Samsung and lg smart tvs Samsung has slightly better apps over the lg smart.

Re: £1000 to spend on a tv , want the best picture for my money any suggestions pl

Not sure how the quaility is as haven't bought mine yet but for £369 you couldn't go far wrong with the 55" HD smart TV in argos. Hook it up to an android PC at £40 and you can have all the apps etc you want.

You will have to go for a 4K..you can get them if you look around for under £1000..
Failing that I have always gone for LG,they have some great bits of kit.

check john lewis out as they do free 5 yrs warranty

thanx people yer the 4k seems like the kind of tv i should get AJT they do look good

i have a sony tv at the moment but that is 5 years old now and only a 32 inch so looking to buy another , are sony the best make to get still ?

the main thing im interested it the picture quality and i dont want one with 3d

what would you get ?

cheers

I would definitely steer clear of Sony. Their old CRT's were excellent, but they seriously lost their way with LCD sets. I've installed (NOT supplied) a few for customers and had to apologise for lack-lustre picture & sound. As well as the Sammies & LG's mentioned, don't forget Panasonic, they're a lot more affordable these days & make a decent set for the money. If there's a John Lewis nearby, have a look at their display and see which one YOU like- spec's on paper don't necessarily translate to 'good' pic & sound.. Forget Currys/PCW, they haven't a clue about setting stuff up (so you won't get a fair comparison on display) and if anything goes wrong within the guarantee, you're stuffed. JL give their own 5 year warranty and honour it. (Experience, no affiliation, promise!)

The high end Samsung led's have beautiful image quality, get yourself down to richer sounds for a look mate

not interested in any that have 3d

Back