Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Rs2k_Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    4,099
    DW Cash
    412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    so if I read that right..

    you have connected your bt master to the virgin master.... ?

    If so, bypass the virgin master mate
    Live like its your last day, and love like its your first

  3. #3
    janobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Work.... Where else?
    Posts
    7,815
    DW Cash
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    Same sockets mate, just wires connect to the coax, rather than it being all wire.

  4. #4
    The Dentist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,173
    DW Cash
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorted! The config on the virgin box was different than on bt. Same wires just different setup. They have some orange wire. Bt is only one dark blue which is B and one blue with white stripe which is A. Got a bt line running through a virgin box now lol.


    ...aka Devil666x

  5. #5
    janobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Work.... Where else?
    Posts
    7,815
    DW Cash
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dentist View Post
    Sorted! The config on the virgin box was different than on bt. Same wires just different setup. They have some orange wire. Bt is only one dark blue which is B and one blue with white stripe which is A. Got a bt line running through a virgin box now lol.
    Its the 2nd pair mate. BT cables, come in different pair sizes. There are 5 primary colours, and 5 secondary.

    Blue/Blue-white
    Orange/Orange-white
    Green/green-white
    Brown/Brown-white
    Grey/grey-white

    Then same, but with a red wire instead of white.

  6. #6
    rawsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not sure my tomtoms bust
    Posts
    4,336
    DW Cash
    979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    extentions are supposed to have a 3rd wire and be wired to the face plate.

    master (first main socket) wires a and b
    faceplate on master 2,3 and 4 run to the same numbers on the first extention and repeat for each extention. i dont think it will cause any bother but the third wire is ment for the ringer on old phones if memory serves. its somthing to do with ren numbers i think. i never paid much attention when i was fitting them i just croned stuff in and legged it lol.

  7. #7
    djkarloz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    446
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the 3 from them master is connected to the 3 on the slave the slave will ring. You will of course need the 2 n 5 connected between them as well.

    Continuous ring is usually 2 on master to 3 on slave.

    Ren - 1 master can power 4 rens. After that the easiest thigh to do is put another master in but don't connect the 3 on the incoming.

    Just for info.

    Wow I left virgin 4 year ago and I can still remember.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    All men by nature desire knowledge. - Aristotle

  8. #8
    janobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Work.... Where else?
    Posts
    7,815
    DW Cash
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    Quote Originally Posted by rawsy View Post
    extentions are supposed to have a 3rd wire and be wired to the face plate.

    master (first main socket) wires a and b
    faceplate on master 2,3 and 4 run to the same numbers on the first extention and repeat for each extention. i dont think it will cause any bother but the third wire is ment for the ringer on old phones if memory serves. its somthing to do with ren numbers i think. i never paid much attention when i was fitting them i just croned stuff in and legged it lol.
    Its 2 and 5 mate, not 2 and 4. And you dont need the 3 wire anymore, simply because sockets have a capacitor that makes it ring, so you dont connect the 3rd wire anymore.

    It dont matter what colour wires you use, as long as they match at both ends.

  9. #9
    The Dentist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,173
    DW Cash
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    I had no numbered ones. Only A and B.

    Nowhere are the numbered ones connected. It was on the virgin but i took it off and just copied the BTsocket.


    ...aka Devil666x

  10. #10
    janobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Work.... Where else?
    Posts
    7,815
    DW Cash
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Bt and virgin phone socket

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dentist View Post
    I had no numbered ones. Only A and B.

    Nowhere are the numbered ones connected. It was on the virgin but i took it off and just copied the BTsocket.
    A and B are on the main socket at the back. If you connect extensions and such you would use the 2,3,5 combo.



Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Wiring a BT phone socket
    By Munkey in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd November 2009, 09:39
  2. 4.50 a month with Virgin Phone: M
    By reggie124 in forum Bargain Basement
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12th February 2008, 10:27
  3. Moving phone socket
    By grim00 in forum General Cable Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th October 2007, 11:12
  4. alcatel phone is on virgin but needs to be on orange plz help
    By jase02476 in forum Mobile Unlocking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th July 2007, 04:20
  5. virgin smart phone
    By marky1 in forum SATNAV - Mobile Phone Navigation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th May 2007, 10:18

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in