Good Tv Series On Netflix ( also can you recommend some )

CoolHandLuke

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you Have not seen ( Boardwalk Empire ), I recommend it for everyone, even the wife loved it !!!! there is 3 series about 36 episodes, but we watched them all in a week, we could not stop flicking to the next one. It's mainly about Nucky Thompson a Gangster from Atlantic City who run's the boot legging during the Probation period. It's on Netflix but also all over torren and nzb Boardwalk Empire (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb

( Breaking Bad ) is also class watched the full five series of these it's about a Teacher who set's up a meth lab and becomes a dealer after he is diagnosed with cancer a really good watch it is. Breaking Bad (TV Series 2008– ) - IMDb

Also I really enjoyed watching ( Sons of Anarchy ) Hells Angels selling shooters, although not as good as Boardwalk Empire it was still entertaining. Sons of Anarchy (TV Series 2008– ) - IMDb

Another good watch was Heroe's, It's a bit like I am Number 4 and Chronicle the movie, super powers and shitt, super hero's fighting to save the world, but it is not as cheesy as it sound's. Heroes (TV Series 2006–2010) - IMDb Also there's some smoking hot women in it lol there's five full series alot to get through, but it's full of action and easy to follow

Oh how could I forget the The Black Donnelly's The Black Donnellys (TV Series 2007– ) - IMDb this is about a rough Irish family 3 brother's who own a bar and fight with the local gangster's this is a great series I loved every episode and the acting in it is spot on.

And last but not least The Wire Excellent Police Drama about a team of cops bringing down drug dealers and corrupt judges etc by tapping phones, does not sound very exciting but the story lines are bang on and the acting is the dogs Bollox. Sur écoute (TV Series 2002–2008) - IMDb

" PLEASE RECOMMEND ANY OTHER SERIES YOU'VE WATCHED, THAT ARE GOOD TO PASS THE TIME AWAY, SINCE I STOPPED DRINKING, I DONT SLEEP VERY WELL AND HAVE PLENTY SPARE HOURS TO KILL LOL "

Dexter, Suits, Elementary, Modern family, walking dead, homeland and of course if you haven't seen it 24

I was thinking of starting Dexter at the weekend, the misses doesnt fancy it though so I will have to watch that at night times, have you seen 24 oneman, I have not seen any of the ones you have posted, which would you say was the best one. I started with NetFlix just over 3 month ago and have watched all seven of the above, loved them all, got to say there different class to the English series we get lumberd with.

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the recommendations i shall give some of them a watch I couldn't really get into The Black Donnellys i only manged to get into the third episode and it just wasn't doing it for me.

The ones i would say give a watch are:

Jericho:This was a brilliant series this had me glued from the first 5miniues i watched the whole lot within 3 days i turned into an insomiac as i just couldnt stop watching lol.

A small town in Kansas is literally left in the dark after seeing a mushroom cloud over near-by Denver, Colorado. The townspeople struggle to find answers about the blast and solutions on how to survive.

Id give it 10/10 certainly worth the watch.

Spaced:I dunno if you like classic comedies but this was one i watched way back in my teen years and recently watched it again and it still hasnt lost the spark for me its quiet short lived but is quiet funny in some parts.It has the great Simon Pegg in and is about the advetures of him and his flatmates.

Id give this 9/10 a very good cult classic in my eyes.

Trust:This is a very short mini series with only two episodes this kept me gripped from the first minute and dare i say it the twist at the end was pretty good well worth the watch in my eyes.It will only take you around 3 hours to watch but still well worth it.

When her psychiatrist husband, Michael Mitcham, is accused of murder, solicitor Anne Travers defends him. But as the evidence against Michael mounts, Anne begins to question the reality of the "perfect" life and marriage they share.

Jonathan Creek:A brilliant crime comedy series this was another series i watched right till the end but hated it when they changed the side kick role with another actress as it just didnt seem right.

Eccentric illusionist Jonathan Creek meets his intellectual match in investigative journalist Maddy Magellan and joins forces with her to become a pair of unbeatable amateur sleuths. Jonathan eagerly solves the baffling puzzles Maddy uncovers.

Warehouse 13:This is another brilliant us series about a warehouse what has all the secret goverment files and artifacts alot of people said this was like xfiles but to me it isnt.I still gotta watch the rest but this is a brilliant series to watch if you want something diffrent to watch.

Stored deep within the bowels of a South Dakota warehouse is a treasure trove of supernatural objects collected by the U.S. government -- and it's the job of Secret Service agents Myka Bering and Peter Lattimer to find those that have disappeared.

If i can think of anymore i will add them on here and if you can get acess to the american netflix let me know as theres loads on there to watch.

Hope this helps mate and i will give broadwalk empire a watch at some point.

Breakout kings: 4 cons help the feds find people that have escaped, they get a month off their sentence for every one captured. If you liked Prison Break you will like this.

Person of interest: Two people are given random names every week by a super computer that can see they are in danger. the two guys have to save them. Slow but watchable.

Burn Notice: Ex US spy kicked out by his own people tries to find out who burned him, upto series six now, sort of James Bond meets the A team.

Revenge: Girl sets out to destroy the lives of people that set up her father who died when he was in prison.

Should say I dont have netflix but these might be on it.

i want the four hours of my life back that I spent on Warehouse 13, probably the worst show I have see in a long time.

Last edited:
Cheers for all these well after a bit reading on IMDB, I have made me self a little list of what I fancy, the all have great reviews and massive ratings so it's all good stuff, looks like I am fixed for the next few month.

Homeland (TV Series 2011– ) - IMDb Homeland
Jericho (TV Series 2006–2008) - IMDb Jericho
Entourage (TV Series 2004–2011) - IMDb Entourage
Revenge (TV Series 2011– ) - IMDb Revenge
Les allumés (TV Series 1999–2001) - IMDb Spaced
24 heures chrono (TV Series 2001–2010) - IMDb 24
Breakout Kings (TV Series 2011– ) - IMDb Breakout Kings

A forgot to mention OZ a used to love these, crazy mad future prison drama with drugs pimps trannys murders it was off the wall pure good entertainment though Im sure everyone's probably seen this though Oz (TV Series 1997–2003) - IMDb

I was thinking of starting Dexter at the weekend, the misses doesnt fancy it though so I will have to watch that at night times, have you seen 24 oneman, I have not seen any of the ones you have posted, which would you say was the best one. I started with NetFlix just over 3 month ago and have watched all seven of the above, loved them all, got to say there different class to the English series we get lumberd with.

Yes I have watched all the seasons fo 24. 5,6,7 dipped a bit with 6 being the worst but they are all very watchable.

Yes I have watched all the seasons fo 24. 5,6,7 dipped a bit with 6 being the worst but they are all very watchable.

Cheers oneman I am not a fan of Kiefer Sutherland but after a read there, it sounds pretty good and has got belta reviews, the misses has been wanting to watch it for a while so I will watch that one with her :mad:)

Glad you said this I'm struggling to get through season 6 ATM and decided to start on sons of anarchy instead which btw is awesome. I'll get back into 24 if it's only this season that sucks

Sons of Anarchy was a really good watch like, I wont spoil it for you and tell you what happens with jacks and clay at the end but it actually gets better in the later series then the start which is wicked.

Ive watched both Spartacus Blood and Sand, and Gods of the Arena them were brilliant pure nasty Violence and Nookie, Ive never seen Alcatraz or Copper, looks like there's plenty to choose from, a think a better formatt a old harddrive and get it filled up :mad:)

Glad you said this I'm struggling to get through season 6 ATM and decided to start on sons of anarchy instead which btw is awesome. I'll get back into 24 if it's only this season that sucks

The problem with 6 is that they start of the season with a major event and then the writers keep trying to top that. They said afterwards that major plot lines were written on the fly while filming happened. Season 7 was delayed by a year due to writers strike and tbh featured a lot of plot lines that had been used before. It was pretty much know before filming started that season 8 was going to be the last series and it a bit slow in the first few episodes but the ending is pretty kick ass.

Alcratraz was a let down imo.
( Shame because everyone like prison series and Docs )

Of subject manic01 but where did you get your smoking signature from does it change by its self are do you update it, might be a good idea for a android app that counting up the money you save and the hours etc

Give you a bit motovation to quit.

Just found a fee app that does exactly that called " QuitNow " on google play

Last edited:
Ive just found android app " quitnow pro 2.4.2 final " to go on your phone does exactly that and also tells you of the health benefits and stuff just stuck it in the apps section looks good https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/298843/#post2193079 Im glad I seen your siggy now Im going to try and quit from the morra morning.

I like the amount of money you have saved deffo gives me some va va voom to stop, that's a holiday you have paid for in six month.

Well done !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow a lot of love for boardwalk empire , i reckon its the most boring thing on tv lol
Criminal Minds is BRILLIANT
Burn Notice
Supernatural

Back