Zgemma - stuck on BOOT

junaidmalik

Inactive User
Reaction score
I Tried to update my box and now its stuck on BOOT on the lcd of the box. i tryed to flash it with the usb and nothing changes im presing the power button also what can i do please help

I Tried to update my box and now its stuck on BOOT on the lcd of the box. i tryed to flash it with the usb and nothing changes im presing the power button also what can i do please help

Does the box show USB when you boot with the usb stick in ? If not its not reading the usb try reformatting it and try again.

Does the box show USB when you boot with the usb stick in ? If not its not reading the usb try reformatting it and try again.

It just says BOOT and ive formatted several times and also used different usb sticks now what do i do :( i have family coming around soon and i wont have anything to put on.

It just says BOOT and ive formatted several times and also used different usb sticks now what do i do :( i have family coming around soon and i wont have anything to put on.

In the folder you put on your box is there a file named noforce if there is name it force and try again.

Also are you using the correct image for your model ?

In the folder you put on your box is there a file named noforce if there is name it force and try again.

Also are you using the correct image for your model ?

yes it says noforce im using zgemma s2 and using the openvix website to download the latest firmware

yes it says noforce im using zgemma s2 and using the openvix website to download the latest firmware

So rename the noforce to force and try flash.

The vix images for the Zgemma range are patched images for another model but do work if you really must use VIX i agree with abu OpenATV is a much better choice..

So rename the noforce to force and try flash.

The vix images for the Zgemma range are patched images for another model but do work if you really must use VIX i agree with abu OpenATV is a much better choice..

I Tried what you have said but it still dont work i dont no what else to do :(, i changed the file name i also used openatv and changed the noforce to force but still its stuck on boot and have the red light on i have the zgemma S2

Had about the same issue. Kept on trying with all kind of usb sticks. Finally after 5 or 6 sticks flashing started.

Does the box start in its GUI wich it was delivered with?

If so insert the flash usb stick wenn the box is running. Then shut it off normally, turn it off completely and try to flash

had the same problem would not read a usb had to low level format the usb the format to fat32 then put the image on make sure the folder is called zgamma . zgemma\sh1\then 4 files one named force

had the same problem would not read a usb had to low level format the usb the format to fat32 then put the image on make sure the folder is called zgamma . zgemma\sh1\then 4 files one named force

I Have tried what you have said but it still dont read anything all it says is BOOT :( anything eles you could suggest

had the same issuw with usb sticks would only accept certain ones . use llftool.exe do a full format of usb stick then fat 32 . go to the zgemma site and firmware and get the bootloader

I have good news everyone, I ended up getting a USB from someone and for some reason it work straight away this is so weird because ive used the other USB sticks before but this new one just works straight away i didn't even need to format it wow. again thank you everyone.

now the new problem is lol what else do i need to download again beacuse i had the sky setup before what are the must plugins to have. Again thank you all for your support :)

Was mentioned earlier in this topic that the Zgemma is very sensible about the usb sticks you use.

Glad you're up and running...

Depends on how you like to setup the box for what you need. Software you are able to find in: menu/applications /push green button.

Also depends on the image you using

Last edited:
Back