Woohoo, my new toy has arrived. :)

anyone done a review of this yet, or is it to early to do one until all the options are active on the box, i see some of them are still disabled to keep the image stable

Still too early as there's tonnes of stuff missing. What I will say however is that the tuner is superb. Very fast Zap times, ccCam works flawless, it's not crashed on me yet whilst doing 'normal' stuff. Spiderbox cccam was always slightly glitchy even after the latest patch that was supposed to have fixed it.

It's a pity that Technomate couldn't have net the promised £200 rrp as it would have wiped the floor with the Clone DM800 market.

One criticism, it could be doing with a proper manual and not that shitty fold-out sheet of paper, which only gives the absolute minimum setup information.

Last edited:
Ive not looked Witchy but is there a more in depth user manual online ?

ok guys new to linux and learning fast got c line and n line working no probs, been sorting bouquetts via remote which i know is long winded but fine so far, couple of questions.......how do you delete the whole contents of a bouquette and also when i am happy in what folder are they saved so i can copy them back to laptop....

many thanks

Hi digi im using flash fxp which i have used for years with dbox......just wanted to know what file the bouquettes are saved in on the tmbox so i can then save them back pc

sussed it i think am i correct in thinking they are saved to Var/etc/enigma2 ??

Last edited:
Hi digi im using flash fxp which i have used for years with dbox......just wanted to know what file the bouquettes are saved in on the tmbox so i can then save them back pc

sussed it i think am i correct in thinking they are saved to Var/etc/enigma2 ??
You are right thats were they are stored, but as digdude said it is far easier to use dreambox edit, it sets all the paths for you.

Hi
just so I get the paths right, when using DreamBoxEdit, do I choose Satellite reciever, Version 3 settings(Enigma 2) or New Enigma2 Settings in the options bit? Any other settings in there I need too? cheers

Mine hasn't arrived yet I have read this thread but a bit confused.Can anyone give comments on

1) Is recording OK. And are Timers Working?
2) Does streaming work? I used Tunisiasat Dreambox player with my dm800, does that ( should that) work? Can you steam from web interface?
3) The last firmware says Disable LPCM audio, does that mean the audio commentary bug thing is fixed? If not what does it mean?
4) can you play divx , MKVs yet?

Sorry I have ordered for some friends too on my recommendation, just a bit embarrassed about the lack of full functionality, just want to give them as much warning as possible.

Perhaps we should have a what's working and what's not thread, and bugs. I would contribute to that when I get mine.

I have noticed that pressing the red button to download keys to clear channels such as Eurosport2 and Nova sports on thor is not clearing any ideas?

I know these channels do clear with keys as clear on my 6900hd

cheers

Hi
just so I get the paths right, when using DreamBoxEdit, do I choose Satellite reciever, Version 3 settings(Enigma 2) or New Enigma2 Settings in the options bit? Any other settings in there I need too? cheers

Try the latest DreamBoxEdit Edition 3.0.1.3

DreamBoxEdit-IHAD Edition 3.0.1.3

- fixed problem with FTP mode, Quick FTP commands were sent
- fixed problem with Quick FTP mode, now standard reload command is sent instead of killall -9 enigma2
- fixed problem with directory selection window, now it always jumps to the last used directory
- small GUI changes

mines just come nice one play time:Clap:

all up and running

Last edited:
Hi

Satellite and New Enigma2 mate.

...and obviously your IP address and log in details.

1) Is recording OK. And are Timers Working?

None of that works yet mate.

It was working on Beta releases but was removed due to problems.

2) Does streaming work? I used Tunisiasat Dreambox player with my dm800, does that ( should that) work? Can you steam from web interface?

Again, none of that is implemented yet. It doesn't even have a Web Interface, lol. Coming soon as they say at the Cinema.... :)

3) The last firmware says Disable LPCM audio, does that mean the audio commentary bug thing is fixed? If not what does it mean?

Nope the Commentary audio is still default on a few channels, although you can easily change this to the correct one using DreamboxEdit.

4) can you play divx , MKVs yet?

Nope, again it's coming soon.

The Beta images had everything working but due to crashes etc they removed almost everything and started adding them back slowly, making sure they are totally stable before we get to see them.

Satellite and New Enigma2 mate.

...and obviously your IP address and log in details.

You can't set both satellite and new enigma 2 at the same time, both button give different paths

None of that works yet mate.

It was working on Beta releases but was removed due to problems.

Again, none of that is implemented yet. It doesn't even have a Web Interface, lol. Coming soon as they say at the Cinema.... :)

Nope the Commentary audio is still default on a few channels, although you can easily change this to the correct one using DreamboxEdit.

Nope, again it's coming soon.

The Beta images had everything working but due to crashes etc they removed almost everything and started adding them back slowly, making sure they are totally stable before we get to see them.

Thanks
I can see the people I have recommended them too not being too happy at all! they aren't going to be the kind of people that will be able to do their own updates and set back up, in fact someone is setting mine up for me too. Is it easy to backup all the settings install the image and then be back to normal quite quickly? I may have to send them back. I have a dm800 clone at the moment, and was told this was going to be as good if not better... it may be in the long run, but if basic functionality like record doesn't work, the release is a bit of a joke.... I think I have been misled by the guy I'm getting them off!

Thanks
I can see the people I have recommended them too not being too happy at all! they aren't going to be the kind of people that will be able to do their own updates and set back up, in fact someone is setting mine up for me too. Is it easy to backup all the settings install the image and then be back to normal quite quickly? I may have to send them back. I have a dm800 clone at the moment, and was told this was going to be as good if not better... it may be in the long run, but if basic functionality like record doesn't work, the release is a bit of a joke.... I think I have been misled by the guy I'm getting them off!

It's a good bit better than the clone DM800 mate, the tuner in spot on.

If you can work a DM800 then you'll be able to handle a TM800, backup/restore techniques are identical on both machines, in fact since they both use E2, both machines behave identically.

As I said, all these features were already implemented in the Beta images but it wasn't exactly the most stable box in the world, so they decided to start afresh and retune, test each plugin thoroughly before releasing the image to the public.

Digidude is posting updates almost daily. The box is certainly a work-in-progress at this point and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants a simple box just for watching TV, not at this stage anyway.

Personally, I'm loving it, but I'm a sad nerd who enjoys tinkering with stuff and watching things come together.

Back