Windows XP pro error !!!

wavey123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a problem when I start my pc up! Just as its just completeing startup (when all the taskbar software is loading) it comes up with 'Windows has Recovered from a serious error'.
I looked at the report and it says

Error Signiture

BCCode : 44 BCPI : 8257A8A8 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OS Ver : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0
Product : 256_1

Im Running XP pro, taskbar has Getright, norton, quicktime, & msn messenger (which logs on to msn just as this error shows
its head)

My pc has been sick for a couple of weeks now with a power cut out problem (which I think is my PSU or maybee motherboard failing) so i dont think this is related.
But I would be interested to hear if anyone else on dw has come accross this type of serious error !!

Cheers

WaVeY

Sounds like this was shut down rather quickly (either power failure or using power on/off switch) instead of the usual shut down process ..... you might need to find an earlier restore point (before these errors started appearing) or you could try using xp cd to fix/repair errors.

If you use the restore point suggestion then probably find any software/drivers installed after this resore point will no longer be there and have to be re-installed

Go to My Computer/control panel/ adminstrativ tools/event viewer

look through all 3 points
application
security
system

there must be errors at the time you got the problem...it says exactly whats wrong and which file is causing the problem.

Have a look and tell me.

Cheers Angel !!!

Thanks for the comments peeps, thinking about as I said earlier my pc has been resetting, I think its my psu failing under load, which would scramble a few files due to not shutting down properly, the event viewer showed no errors & I dont realy want to restore, It took me a couple of days to get my tv card to work properly I had the same problem as you da, bloody hauppage rubbish ! I think im going to try replacing my psu its been switched on for 18 months without a rest & i'll up the wattage to 400 so it copes better !!!

I'll let you know how I get on, Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated!!

Regards

WaVeY

Eventually got mine to work with a bios update (via chipset)
Is also really stable with iuLabs iuVCR, I dont bother with wintv 2000 it kept haning the pc ! iuVCR seems to be very stable for capture !

Back