Will my new card be paired to my STB in advance?

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Eveing All,

Outta curiosity when my new viewing card arrives through the mail, will it be already paired to my subbed STB already or will it be flashed with the STB's BK, ird etc... when I insert it for the first time into my existing subbed box?

If the latter, was wondering what would happen if I put the new card into my non-subbed v+ box?

My subbed box is a pace 4000 and my non subbed box is a v+ HD box, do vermin allow there customer's to purchase STB's privately as I want to keep my HD functionality but don't relly wanna pay vermin for another STB and then an extra fiver every month just to ave a HD box.

Any advise on the above would be appreciated.

My subbed box is a pace 4000 and my non subbed box is a v+ HD box, do vermin allow there customer's to purchase STB's privately as I want to keep my HD functionality but don't relly wanna pay vermin for another STB and then an extra fiver every month just to ave a HD box.

no cable equipment stays cable equipment they wont sell owt to you just rent it.

Outta curiosity when my new viewing card arrives through the mail, will it be already paired to my subbed STB already or will it be flashed with the STB's BK, ird etc... when I insert it for the first time into my existing subbed box?

No, they aren't paired when you get them which is why they can take several hours from insertion to clearing channels. The pairing information is however already in the stream data.

If the latter, was wondering what would happen if I put the new card into my non-subbed v+ box?

Irrespective of which box its in it will pair to the box that VM give it the information for (ie, your subbed box).

As mentioned above, no, they dont allow this. In fact if you try they will demand the V+ box back as its still their property. The person you aquired it from had no right to sell it (thus you are effectively classed as receiving stolen property).

as virgin are offering (self installations ) how does that work !!! does the box arrivre alllready paried up ? or do u have to ring up & get it HIT urself /lol

as virgin are offering (self installations ) how does that work !!! does the box arrivre alllready paried up ? or do u have to ring up & get it HIT urself /lol

all new cards need paired up m8......on the self install you need to ring up for the activation pairing

hahaha.....no one can dupe vm into activating a fiddled box because they already know the ird and card number for the card/box they have to activate

Eveing All,

They are however (or will be soon) offering another box for one off £49 that gives you the HD channels I believe - tho how it works needing 2 boxes to get all channels :S Would make more sense for them to give you a V+ box in place of your current one for the £49. Try haggling with there retensions department ?

Back