wii controller sync problem

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have been having issues with the controlers over last cople of weeks, fr some reason he wont connect and only way to fix it is remove mains from back of wii then reconnect it, any ideas why this has started to happen

origanally it as soft modded to 4.3e but my daughter updated it to 4.3e which lost me bootmii and HBC so i did letterbomb and got those back, all seems ok apart from controlers, now should i do a full 4.3 soft mode and if i do will i lose wiiflow.

come on chap someone must have had this issue before :)

Had a look about and it appears that this could be the start of the bluetooth module going tits up in the wii which when and if it goes show a black screen on startup similar to a "full brick"

Full Brick (IOS)

If the Wii NAND filesystem is corrupt, the System Menu's IOS is missing or invalid, or the System Menu executable is missing or invalid, then the system will refuse to boot and nothing will be displayed on the screen. Depending on the exact cause of failure, Preloader or BootMii/boot2 can fix (and are required to fix) this sort of brick, assuming they are installed and the system boots far enough to run them.

A broken Wifi Module will present the same symptoms, but can only be fixed by replacing the module.

So replacing the bluetooth module could solve your problem if it is that.??

available from ebay for around £5

heres what I read Napster

Next I let the wii update through nintendo so I could put bannerbomb on it updated to menu 4.1e.,I put bannerbomb/homebrew on and I thought something was odd as had to keep syncing my wii remotes (pressing red buttons i thought maybe it was my battery so used another remote) everytime the wii rebooted the remote wasnt connected,and when ever i entered a channel or started a game they would disconnect.(nothing wrong with batteries) it as if the remotes only tempory sync which is odd as im pressing the red buttons under sd slot and inside wii battery cover.
Next I proceeded to downgrade the menu to 3.2e through a guide I always follow to do other people wiis and it never fails.I sucessfully downgraded to menu 3.2e hoping the remote problem would be gone but it wasnt.I have seached and searched on the net for answers but cant get anywhere only thing that comes to mind is a need for a new bluetooth module???? ive never had this problem before as when im fixing a faulty wii i always use my own wii remotes. Is this possibly a bug and if so can it be fixed?

Ive ordered a new bluetooth module from ebay but gonna keep looking into corrupted bluetooth files subject also.

***UPDATE: My new bluetooth came today I installed it and problem is now solved no more sync problem!!!!!!!

im one happy bunny now.****

wonder if there is a way to flash the Wii back to default and start over again as mine has been messed about with with 2 type's of soft modding 4.2 and 4.3.

wonder if there is a way to flash the Wii back to default and start over again as mine has been messed about with with 2 type's of soft modding 4.2 and 4.3.

Just use modmii. When you do it select virgin wii to do a fresh install.

shaun nice piece of infor for future, thanks for bringing it to light . im sure others will find it helpful. rep point added

Back