Who is into Crypto ?

Bitcoin always drops over 80% from its all time high and has done since its invention.
First cycle 94%
Second cycle 87%
Third cycle 84%
This cycle so far 77% will it break 80% 🤔.
Bitcoin has not been through a proper recession so this cycle will be interesting.
Lots of shit coins will cease to exist.

How Many Cryptocurrencies Are There? | The Motley Fool

What's everyone's opinion on the best way of investing £10k? short, long term, etc...be interested to see your views.

What's everyone's opinion on the best way of investing £10k? short, long term, etc...be interested to see your views.
I going to be invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum. All the other crypto’s are way more risky than BTC and Ether. You will find it hard to find a better return for your money in any asset class.
The money I am investing is money I have made from buying and selling crypto. So I will only be risking money I didn’t have to begin with.
Next Bullrun will 2024-2025.
S&P 500 way less risk but smaller return.
Some banks are offering 4.5% at the moment on a one year fixed but interest rates may still rise further.

Do you think this will send BTC up a bit more?
Historically, it’s usually the halving that causes a large price increase which is April 2024. Hopefully by then interest rates may have started to come down and the S&P 500 may have bottomed but may have already but I’m not sure it has tbh.
The Americans have already been talking about a digital currency now, the UK🙄.
Governments don’t want your money in crypto they want it in their banks and now their only option is to create their own digital currencies.😆

I know little about crypto but from a pure novice and an outsiders point of view and based on what I read it looks to me like nothing more than a repainted pryamid scheme controlled by those on top of the cream pie plucking the strings.

So as I see it you buy enough rumoured crypto currency and put in say a holding wallet/holding pen for a company (normally Travis in his LA apartment) to look after for you, the value goes up and it either crashes or disappears that's after Travis pulls the rug.
People make millions everytime you buy or sell so they want transactions by the trillions hence rumours start to fly around what's hot what's not again, created by those looking down on us peasants who desperately search for the next best thing.

Always remember for their to be a winner there has to be a loser and in the case of crypto it's normally the ones with the most who hold full control and those investing their few £1000's who get scammed.

I don't hear much about NFT's these days, not long back it was the way forward. I then read Seth Green lost $200k on one and this nobber

Man who paid $2.9m for NFT of Jack Dorsey’s first tweet set to lose almost $2.9m

honestly, if I had the money to invest I'd invest in property and that would be it.

Last edited:
I know little about crypto but from a pure novice and an outsiders point of view and based on what I read it looks to me like nothing more than a repainted pryamid scheme controlled by those on top of the cream pie plucking the strings.

In a nutshell. thumbsup.gif

The loser are the ones who don’t do proper research into what they are buying and end up buying shit coins and there are thousands of them, which turn out to be scams. Also they panic sell out of fear when markets drop and don’t take profits when markets go up, because they become greedy and think that is going to the moon. Markets are run on fear and greed and crypto’s are high risk assets and most people stay away from high risk assets and invest in low risk assets which have way lower returns.

If Elon Musk and a few more big players/influencers suddenly decided to jump ship and sold huge chunks of a particular crypto then tweeted a pile of bullsh#t about this crypto crash 1 man and his dog will follow like lemmings.
So who's in control ? certainly not us mere peasants it's the crypto trillionaires.

Your normal Joe Bloggs won't have time to react to a sudden market drop and you lose everything it will happen before you can blink.
Then when it's on its backside can buy back in and the cycle carries on their in total control of the market you just silently abide

Those who own billions run the show and for them to make trillions someone along the line has to lose

If Elon Musk and a few more big players/influencers suddenly decided to jump ship and sold huge chunks of a particular crypto then tweeted a pile of bullsh#t about this crypto crash 1 man and his dog will follow like lemmings.
So who's in control ? certainly not us mere peasants it's the crypto trillionaires.

Your normal Joe Bloggs won't have time to react to a sudden market drop and you lose everything it will happen before you can blink.
Then when it's on its backside can buy back in and the cycle carries on their in total control of the market you just silently abide

Those who own billions run the show and for them to make trillions someone along the line has to lose
I can tell you know little about crypto and real investors don’t invest their money in shit coins. That’s why Bitcoin coin has the largest market cap and is fully decentralised unlike the thousands of shit coins floating about.

Just like normal life then.....

Just like normal life then.....
I think he might of forgot about what some of the largest Banks in the world did in 2008 when they ruined millions of people’s lives and governments had to bail them out with taxpayers money.
Also none of these Bankers were ever charged with any wrongdoing and it was old brushed under the carpet and forgotten about.
It set off a recession that collectively destroyed over $30 trillion of the world's wealth.🙄

Back