Which cheap printer is also cheap to refill?

majestyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear all,
Don't you hate those printers that cost more to load with new cartridges than they did to buy in the first place?
My Epson C44 inkjet that I ran for peanuts has finally given up the ghost and I need a new family colour printer.
Can anyone suggest a machine that I can pick up from a High Street store that uses either clone catridges or that can be filled up with an ink kit?
I don't need top photo quality. It's mainly used for my daughter to print stuff for school projects.
Thanks to all who've read this far.
Majestyk.

I got an Epson SX515W just before Christmas, I do a lot of crafty stuff, so print quite a lot, and the kids use it for school stuff too.

It's a great 3in1 printer, it's wi-fi, very easy to use. You can pick them up from Currys for around £60 now. I think Amazon do them slightly cheaper.

A full set of compatible cartridges cost me £6-£7 and work perfectly :)

Hope that helps.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/epson-stylus-sx515w-multifunction-inkjet-printer-02877112-pdt.html

Last edited:
Wow - where are you getting those cartridges from? That's a model I saw in Rymans and really liked but the cartridges were murderously expensive.
Thanks so much

I bought an Epson SX215 from Asda for £60.I get the cartridges from either Ebay or I get them from the pc guy in our local market for £8 for the 4 colours so its very cheap to run

i find the Epsom compatible cartridges dry up if you don't you your printer for a while, so if i was you i would look for something the take original cartridges which are cheapish.

I have the canon pixma ip4500 and pay 59p for carts, my m8 has the canon ip4700 and pays 77p for carts. Both are excellent printers.

But for everyday stuff I use a colour laser, a Samsung, it's costs me £16 for a full set of toners and I get around 1200 pages, but for stadard documents you can't beat the quality of a laser.

I know a few peeps who have this Dell printer and it's network enabled. Toners are around £20 per set on ebay.

Here's a deal I know a couple of peeps have used. £133 which includes delivery and 2 full sets of toner.

FREE! Dell 1320CN Network Colour Laser Printer when you buy 2 sets of toner - IJT Direct Ltd

Amazon have it for £114

Dell 1320CN Network Colour Laser Printer: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Back