Sensible Topic Well done Josh Taylor

"Donut" or "Doughnut"
I can recall doing a bit of forklifting in years gone by. It had a bit of a problem and the shift manager told me to put a "Do not Use" sign on it and park it up.
He had a bit of a speech impediment so I got a piece of cardboard, a Sharpie and wrote Doughnut Hughes on it.

He wasn't impressed.

1646221515640.gif

Not Taylor's fault but that was Corrupt as **** last night. How Ian John Lewis is still a referee after the scores he's given over the years beggars belief. Unbelievable.
HH.
"Following an internal review of the scoring of the Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall contest by all three appointed judges, the Stewards of the Board decided to call Mr. Ian John-Lewis to appear before them to explain his returned card.

"Having considered Mr. Ian John-Lewis' explanation, the Stewards of the Board decided to downgrade Mr. John-Lewis from an A Star Class to an A Class Official.

"Whilst the Board were satisfied that Mr. John-Lewis' scorecard did not affect the overall result of the contest, the Stewards of the Board did have issue with his margin.

"As the regulatory body for the Sport in Great Britain the British Boxing Board of Control continue to improve and maintain the high quality and consistency in scoring by our licensed officials. As such, the Stewards of the Board have further decided that in addition to each A Star Class Official being evaluated after each bout, as per current procedure, they will now also be subject to a separate individual annual review.

"Finally, the British Boxing Board of Control have contacted the WBO, WBC, IBF and WBA supporting Jack Catterall to be made mandatory challenger for each or all Championship Sanctioning Bodies."

Taylor himself has opened the door to fighting Catterall again - but only at catchweight level.

Asked on Monday whether his beaten opponent should get another title shot, Taylor told Sky Sports News: "Of course, I think he deserves it.

"We'll see what happens down the line - we can have a fight again with Jack, why not. I'm certainly open to it, so we'll see what happens.

"Most likely at a catchweight. I can't make the weight (140lbs limit) anymore safely, I don't think. So we'll see how it goes, but I'm keen for a rematch."

At the end of the day boxing is bent and Catterall was robbed. I feel sorry for him and even a rematch at whatever weight won't compensate him for that night and the belts been stolen from him.

It's 2022 for Christ sake and boxing is still scoring the same way for decades with no change.
For me when a clear fraud like this has taken place it should be put in front of a panel of 5 experience ex pros within 24hours of the fight who can give a verdict on whether the result should stand or be overturned.
We all know when a fights a close fight but looking at the stats and 2 x 8-10 rounds to 1 x 8-10 round says it all.

I've slowly gone off boxing, too much bullsh#t and fraud plus there's fighters been kept apart incase they lose and they don't lose their value on the PPV scene.

Professional Boxing these days is on the same level as the Saturday afternoon wrestling my old granny used to watch on TV in the 1960s.
A joke. grim.gif

Bring back Kent Walton!

Back