VU SOLO2 mini (clone) , stuck jtagging

lol neither do i, I have just had another gander all over and I cant see anywhere. I grabbed PLI off vu-hd.com as I'm not sure what's clone safe, what image do you recommend ?. I wanted to install via ftp & .ipk but I cant see how on PLI, is it possible ?

I've been looking in downloads and though I know it's a lonrison I'm not sure which version. The mobo has a sticker with a clock type set of numbers but No6 has a tick through it

Last edited:
lol neither do i, I have just had another gander all over and I cant see anywhere. I grabbed PLI off vu-hd.com as I'm not sure what's clone safe, what image do you recommend ?. I wanted to install via ftp & .ipk but I cant see how on PLI, is it possible ?

I've been looking in downloads and though I know it's a lonrison I'm not sure which version. The mobo has a sticker with a clock type set of numbers but No6 has a tick through it

You could update the version but some have trouble with the tuner on v4 so that call is yours.

Try all the Lorinson version your not going to brick it again it just wont boot till you flash back to the image your currently on.

I decided to upgrade the Lonrison to V4 and luckily it seems fine. I have openATV 5.3 running so happy days. Bit of a ball ache sussing out whats what, the actual TSOP and soldering didn't take too long but finding the correct files and images took some wading through threads

big thanks Ferret , much appreciated taking the time to follow up any questions at speed warp factor 7

top man

Well I spoke too soon, it's struggling t boot up after flashing with any of the images , openATV PLI openVIX. When I got openATV up[ and running i noticed in the top right corner it said "Memory 1byte" were normally there'd be at least 100-200mb. It's like the box hasn't got any ram.
But then I flashed with PLI and checked info and it all looked fine. I know were this is heading and it ain't under the tele

It not much more than that to remove the timebomb drivers out of the original drivers.
Ah right , now that would be handy to know.
with this box I just want it to run freeze free, if I can see a tv channel I'd be happy.
Were I'm getting baffled is the Lonrison version. There's a small round sticker on the box saying v2 so I take that means Lonrison v2.
I used the UPGRADE_TOOLS_20140905 (808.bin) via rs232. I got the dots loading then the complete message but there's no way of telling if it actually upgraded it to a v4.
As soon as I used any openVIX, PLI, openATV v4 Lonrison flash image I got freeze on the splash screen and a swirling circle or VIX in the top left. What image would work on a v2 ? just incase the UPGRADETOOL didn't do its job ?

Thanks , it seems to be working for now , thanks for the help but if there's a way of finding out if I've upgraded the Lonrison from v2 to v4 let me know as I don't know if I have used the correct UPGRADE_TOOL
thanks once again Ferret

Thanks , it seems to be working for now , thanks for the help but if there's a way of finding out if I've upgraded the Lonrison from v2 to v4 let me know as I don't know if I have used the correct UPGRADE_TOOL
thanks once again Ferret

Only way of knowing is it will then run the v4 images.

It's showing a picture and thats all that counts , wouldn't mind rats bouq plugin on it. just tried to it installed but it's not showing in plugins

Hi All, could some kind person out there check the value of C712 (the Capacitor accross the Ground + 3.3v Jtag connections) as I've just acquired a unit with the capacitor missing!

TIA

tenI have here a vu solo2 mini clone with fixed blue light or video or recognize usb purtos
Can be retrieved with cypres and jtag or ahy points that change flash thanks chip lorinsun

Last edited:
Ok I'll see what model it takes to ask for many thanks

Jtag wont work in 99% of case because the time bomb writes bad blocks to the flash nand BB3 is not capable of dealing with the bad blocks.

Toshiba tc58nvg1s3eta00
This is the flash you have
Should this be exactly or would it serve samsung?

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

many thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Jtag wont work in 99% of case because the time bomb writes bad blocks to the flash nand BB3 is not capable of dealing with the bad blocks.

Thank you very much for your help too

Back