Vu Solo 2 Sunray Confusion

Jonathanm

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear all,
I have been browsing here for many months reading with considerable interest all I can find.

My Ferrari Vu Duo seems to have gone south and does not want to boot any more. Tried lots of things but it would seems the security chip is toast. Replacement circuit boards seem to be no longer available. Ferrari don't seem to be about anymore either.

Anyway I have decided to update to a clone that is well supported. Initial research indicates that Vu Solo 2 Sunray is well supported (even though I have found it impossible to get an authorised account on their site)
Nonetheless all the files seem to be available here.

I am confused as to the number of boxes that are supposed to be Vu Solo 2's.

I have found the Sunray SE Solo 2, the Sim V2 Solo 2 and then I find a version of the SE with what looks like 2 router antennas stuck on the back - I can imaging that is to connect to wifi but I notice this box also has a LAN port. It is also cheaper than some of the other models.
I understand that ALL the Sunray Solo 2 boxes also have a mini USB service port. (is that true?)

Do these boxes have issues with heat?

All the specs appear similar.

So after all this what is the difference between these boxes? I am happy to have any recommendations.

Sorry for the long blurb.

Jonathan

Last edited:
Reputation people of this forum have advised me Sunray solo2 with independence IC Flash but no longer in stores Aliexpresss.

Hello Ramon - thanks for your reply - which actual model is the Solo 2 "with independent flash". Is this the model that is more desirable?

Thanks for your input.

yes,if this is the decoder

Attachments

• Sunray solo2 Independent flash.png
    Sunray solo2 Independent flash.png
    915.4 KB · Views: 4
Back