VU Solo 2 clone or Xtrend ET8000

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

am after a twin tuner box & in two minds which of these to get, either a VU Solo 2 clone at about £115 or a Xtrend ET8000 which WOS are doing for £159 at the mo with next day delivery & it being an original, any ideas please?

Thanks
Calisto

Id go with the et8000 mate always fancied one myself, all the tuners are exchangeable unlike the solo2 and there is an option to use a dvbc tuner in there.

I guess the only downsides are not as many image groups support it as the solo 2 and its popularity does not match the solo2 clones in terms of backup images etc, the solo2 original is not that much more to buy than the 8000 though.

Vu is solid even the clones but I'd go for a genuine, the solo2 is I bit quicker but the changeable tuners in the xtrend is a big plus I had a solo2 clone for over a year with a usb cable tuner and never missed a beat (unless I messed around with it) I now own a xtrend et10000 (best box iv owned) and duo 2, but i use the xtrend only now all other boxes have been sold, except the duo2

There is a £50 difference between the 8000 and the Solo2 with a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner the difference then goes to around £75 a good saving over the Solo2 as long as you dont mind losing Blackhole support but who does

Back