VU+ SOLO 2 ccam plugin and cfg file problem

hath73

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all , happy to join at last , been using vu+ solo2 for a while I have a strange problem , i am using vix image usually , just wanted to edit my cccam lines and when i used the usual ftp I found no cccam.cfg file in the etc folder , I have looked everywhere with no luck , to cut story short as this took me all day , I RE flashed with other vix images even blackhole , still when i put the cccam plugin in the temp folder and the cccam.cfg in the etc I found that the box does not recognize neither , I did also try installing the cccam plugin via usb , yes it does install but it does not pick up the cccam.cfg file in the etc , the strange thing is after getting tired I restored an old backup zip my old channels and cccam back working again but without the cfg file being visible in the etc , any solution ? as my lines have changes and i need to edit them thank you all for any suggestion

hi all , happy to join at last , been using vu+ solo2 for a while I have a strange problem , i am using vix image usually , just wanted to edit my cccam lines and when i used the usual ftp I found no cccam.cfg file in the etc folder , I have looked everywhere with no luck , to cut story short as this took me all day , I RE flashed with other vix images even blackhole , still when i put the cccam plugin in the temp folder and the cccam.cfg in the etc I found that the box does not recognize neither , I did also try installing the cccam plugin via usb , yes it does install but it does not pick up the cccam.cfg file in the etc , the strange thing is after getting tired I restored an old backup zip my old channels and cccam back working again but without the cfg file being visible in the etc , any solution ? as my lines have changes and i need to edit them thank you all for any suggestion

Hello...with some images like blackhole etc you need to make a ccamcfg file and ftp over to box as it does not come with image so if you have reflashed and tried to find ccamcfg it wont be there .I think ccamcfg comes with openpli and you can just edit it but not vix and not blackhole.
once you are sorted ftp a copy of the ccamcfg file over to your computer for safe keeping and in readiness to put back when you reflash images that do not contain it....

Last edited:
i think the old cccam is only working from the backup it self the main etc folder has no CCcam file , i just reflashed again and looked at the vix installing local extention it is not finding the files for cccam plug in in the temp folder i have tried flashfxp and ftp plus both seem to work and connect but the box is just ignoring the files

i think the old cccam is only working from the backup it self the main etc folder has no CCcam file , i just reflashed again and looked at the vix installing local extention it is not finding the files for cccam plug in in the temp folder i have tried flashfxp and ftp plus both seem to work and connect but the box is just ignoring the files

There are versions of CCcam for oe1.6 images and oe2.0 images make sure your using oe2.0 files for the latest VIX image. Even then it is not forced to install a cfg you may need to ftp in a backup.

i am using the cccam plugin 2.3.0 which is the latest even tried the 2.0.11 all with latest vix images

I know VIX image cams go into a different folder then other E2 images,is it possible that the CCcam.cfg is in a different folder also?

hi wiz thanks for reply its a strange thing i am getting crazy trying to find the bloody thing i just want to update my lines and ended up with this ! i am looking everywhere

the thing is that cfg file doesnt come back to the etc folder after i restore even though it is working invisibly

the thing is that cfg file doesnt come back to the etc folder after i restore even though it is working invisibly

If using filezilla you can use the search feature to see where it is

05scenic1.jpg

are you sure you are looking in the right place..it is in the etc folder in vix

Last edited:
I did but the box does not recognise it I even used dream explorer to move it but still not there so what i see in the ftp is not happening in the file browser on the box i am going to try a backup image blackhole from someone to see i can get it back

I did but the box does not recognise it I even used dream explorer to move it but still not there so what i see in the ftp is not happening in the file browser on the box i am going to try a backup image blackhole from someone to see i can get it back

What are you using to create your CCcam.cfg?

Make sure its in Unix mode and that the file is named exactly as above,

if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs I'm sorry m8 but sometimes we overlook the obvious :)

problem solved with a copy of a friend backup including cccam settings , believe me it is a strange one now after i installed the external backup i got everything working again , it must be a corrupt file system to do with previous backup images thanks to vix issues now i am a blackhole user for the wrong reasons lol thanks wiz and ferret appreciate your input but i think its imp to know for other users as it can happen if you use old backups as they my affect the system

problem solved with a copy of a friend backup including cccam settings , believe me it is a strange one now after i installed the external backup i got everything working again , it must be a corrupt file system to do with previous backup images thanks to vix issues now i am a blackhole user for the wrong reasons lol thanks wiz and ferret appreciate your input but i think its imp to know for other users as it can happen if you use old backups as they my affect the system

Yep thats the fun with satellite boxes in general m8 :D

strange indeed trust me lol i am not a new kid but thats what happen when you ask your box to do too much I guess sat world never stopped to amaze me since the days of funcards lol god bliss you all chaps

strange indeed trust me lol i am not a new kid but thats what happen when you ask your box to do too much I guess sat world never stopped to amaze me since the days of funcards lol god bliss you all chaps

Glad your sorted...

Back