Vu Duo + Solo clones now available to buy, just been emailed

j1mgg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got an email from a random site advising these are now for sale.

They have been advertised as a CE ( chinese edition) and look identical to a normal one as you would expect.

Anyone else came across one of these yet, or even got one.

I currently have an original and it is a very good box.

just got the same mail from a place in huddersfield, strange thing they use a mail address that i only use on a two or three sat forums. I am considering a vu duo at that price.

was looking for a vu duo today as my sister is fed up waiting for the new technomate, cheapest i could find was 329, 190 as a opening price is great, I would say in two weeks they will be available from china for 150 mark

I have a funny feeling these are from China as the postage is something like 7-10 days by DHL. I also dont know where they got my address from and it works out about £230is with delivery i think. As said, probably best to stay away from the first batch of clones.

If I had the cash I'd try to buy an original VU+ box, they don't rip the piss out of everyone like Dream Multimedia do with their unrealistic prices.

IMO, DMM deserved to be hacked, VU+ don't.

the same site is also selling android tablets at 20% lower than normal prices

ill wait for 6 months, and if the Duo clones are as good as the real things, and the price comes down (which once everyone in china starts selling them, they always do) to around £120, ill buy one for the missus house

If its aspleysatellite you are on about Do not buy anything from them end of, they used to be linuxsat and are scamming twats.

Last edited:
i thought it was a scam site when ik first saw the prices, this is why i always wait lol, but, now linuxsat is mentioned, that names ringing bells for some reason, who was behind that place? any ideas?

Some intersting prices on that aspley site, think I may just have a wonder over today to have a sniff around the shop, i'm only 20 mins from there. ;)

Oops
From DK forum

Poster reloaded
Asi i'm writing this post, i am completely livid with these peoples treatment on replacing a faulty dm800...

i bought the box 7 months ago when it was trading under linuxsat, but as its no onger called that anymore and they have changed it to aspleysatellites, they are refusing to
change it over or even it repair it!!!

there reason is compete and utter stupid, they claim
that they are not linuxsat ANYMORE, hence they wont provide any support to me!

even though its sold by the same guy!

he even had the cheek to say to me ''its not our problem''

WTF!!!!

and asked me to send the box to some stranger in halifax to get it repaired for £35!!!!

what kind of service is this? they are refusing to honour the
12month warranty?? even though i hav the receipt!

is anybody here kind enough to offer any advice?

it feels as if though i have just thrown £189 down the gutter

a few respected members here told me to buy from him...and so i took there advice.

please STAY AWAY from these cowboys at aspleysatellites,
they will just take your money and run

Having worked in hudds for the last 15 months I passed the shop on the odd occasion, never seen it with linuxsat on the shop front, always aspleysat/cctv.

From DK again
poster fergal
"This is him, same addy different shop name and you will be lucky if he gets back to you if you have a problem with something you have bought of him
But of course he will corespond with you if you ask him about buying stuff so my advice is
DONT buy anything off him.
h**p://aspleysatellite.co.uk

From poster fergal
Well he has totally ignored the numerous emails i have sent him and has also blocked me on msn, for the simple reason he knows i need a faulty box sorting which is still in warranty that i bought of him when he was linuxsat.

Make up your won minds.

From here - Trader ALERT Page
Dreambox, Clone Satellite Shop - Sells counterfeit clone Dreamboxes from China
These products are not genuine and have no Dream Multimedia support or warranty
This site looks to be run by Linuxsat after closing down his linuxsat.co.uk
We (Dream Multimedia GmbH) are going to institute legal proceedings against all vendors of these forgeries.

- Sells counterfeit clone Dreamboxes from China
We (Dream Multimedia GmbH) are going to institute legal proceedings against all vendors of these forgeries.

[url]http://dreamboxparts.com-
Sells counterfeit clone Dreamboxes from China

Back