Virgin media speed increase.

Anyone been doing speed check yet using Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test cause am on 60 meg last night speed was only 7 meg a sec rang them said there would refund as not getting my full service and it wont be fixed till 2 week in march so get checking :)

To add insult to injury, I think that site's a bit flattering. I get 62.56Mbps on it.

Others check just under my max of 50Mbps, but depending on your useage, I've not noticed much difference > 10Mbps.

I got my 'Free' upgrade tail end of last week, from 60mb to 100mb. Speedtest reports I'm getting just over 100 every time I check it but I ain't impressed so far. Pretty sure last time they upgraded me from 30 to 60 it took a while to settle down so I'll give it a few more days & see if I see any improvement.
HH.

I am with Sky and have the basic Broadband & phone (I don't have a mobile, hate the bloody things) and was only getting a maximum of 3 sometimes 4 Mb but usually only 2 to 3 Mb.
I was going to change over to Virgin and Sky offered me the Fibre option at the same price I was paying so I have stayed with them, it says upto 38 Mb which a get as a norm and have on occassions gone up to 45 Mb so I am quite happy at that as it is a least 10 times faster than I was achieving on the old tariff but it isn't costing me any more.

Im on 30mb, but my 3 issues are:
1. i cant get more
2. if i could, having 5%upload is a joke. 2mb up u joking! My mates on BT have 50% up
3. the ping. 30ping on anything is lowest it goes. For gaming this is a farse. Too many hops.

I think theres to many varients to really find out..........time of day.users etc.

Well, the fibre kit turned up yesterday, engineer is due tomorrow. I may be VERY active by Friday!

Well, the fibre kit turned up yesterday, engineer is due tomorrow. I may be VERY active by Friday!

Just DON'T bend over whilst engineer ia around or you Will be very active but with a different "fibre " kit.:ASSFLASH:

my speed upgrade will be ready between June 2014 and August 2014.

It's in (BT Infinity) and delivering 35Mbps :) Got the TV package too although Mrs M can't figure out where the recordings go (there's no tape lol). Tested the recording last night and it works well - seems the little box has room for about 100 hours which is neat!

All I have to do now is the tidy up. Move the BT master socket to the other side of the room mostly to get rid of the straggly cables. Then skip a load of old kit :)

All went well then, now you can annoy everyone at a faster speed lol.think you should also be able to use bt wi fi all over the place with your login details. handy to have.

just upgraded to the 152mb package on VM and this is my readout

my 30meg is going up to 50meg, they said in may2014 first now its changed between july 2014 - september 2014, or i could do it now as ive been offered 100meg for £2.50 per month for the first 3 months then £5 for the remainder 9 montths, as im on a 12 month contract..at the moment im paying £20.50 per month for 30 meg, might ring them up and haggle..lol

Back