Virgin Media Broadband Price Reduction

kdesai777

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi people, just joined this community.

I thought I'll share something I did in order to reduce my Broadband Bill.

So I got myself the Virgin Media 60Mb connection last December. I was introduced by my friend so I saved the £49 installation fees. The cost for the first three months was £22.50 then £27.50 per month. Recently I got a letter saying that price for the broadband will be increased by £2.50 making the total monthly cost £30. I wasn't really happy about it but I couldn't really do much about it so I thought. I was having this conversation at Uni and my mate told me how is only paying £17.50 for the same deal. I was really annoyed after hearing that. He then told me to call Virgin Media customer services and speak to the Customer Relations department. I had to request to be redirected from the overseas call center. After explaining the situation and a bit of ranting the price of my broadband was reduced to £20 per month.
Still not the same as my friends but that's because he has been with Virgin Media for 3 years and me not even a year.

Any how Virgin Media Customer relations are good and don't want to lose their customers.

If this does help anyone just call Virgin Media customer relations and discuss the situation.

you sure that you don't mean retentions rather then relations ?

yup 'Customer Relations' that's what I said and that's when I was transferred from the call center back home to a person here in UK.

Was he a relation? lol
As oneman said it will be customer retentions department mate.
I personally would have haggled for the £17.50 especially knowing you mate has it as loyality means nothing to these companies.
There are people who have been with them years and there price goes up every year for one thing or another while brand new customers get great deals....why? Cos they want to entice the new customer and then once they have you in a contract they can add on the couple of quid every year or so legally. Before you know it your bill has gone up a fiver or so a month.
You watch...in about 6 to 12 mths you will get a letter to say they are increasing your price by 2 quid or there about.
Two contracts i have taken with them and twice they have increased the price and there is nowt I can do about it as its part of there contract that they can do this.

Maybe I should have put this in the rant room lol.

Just don't let them think there doing you any favours unless you get it for free :)

Even then....they'll put it up by the infamous quid or so

Back