Updating with cfw installed

StuDaBear

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right guys just after a little bit of help from you knowledgeable chaps.

I gave a relation my offline 360 which was flashed with LT2.0 as I was given a elite which I had flashed 3.0.

Anyway I want get the 2.0 console flashed to LT3.0 for the relation, I've asked the person that normally does the flashing and he has said to connect it to live and update to the latest dash and see if the new games work as some do with the new dash and older cfw. ??

So if I connect this console to the router and switch it on with no game, will it ask me to update or does it need a xbox live account?

Or could I get the update via a usb stick and do it that way?

Cheers
Stu.

ps my LT3.0 flashed console updated the dash with a new game that my pal burnt for me, this has unaffected the firmware, but in the past I have got stung with a update loop when the fw was put back to standard with a game, would this happen with the console on 2.0 latest dash?

Hiya, you can download the laatest dash from xbox dot com website, what dashboard is the console your wanting to update on ?

What drive is in it mate? and what dashboard is on it. the LT2.0 that is.

Don't go plugging it in any where for now, and yes you'd have to sign into live 1st, or USB update/disk.

Let us know what drive you have as there was an update out that reverted the drive's back to stock and nothing would play without re-flashing the new LT+3.00....hold off for now and let us know dash/drive.

Dilly beat me to it! ;)

dashboard is 2.0.13599.0

I need to open it up to find out what drive?

2 yellow wires, just googling it now

would appear to have a lite on, I'm learning :)

Last edited:
if you update the machine then the liteon will revert back to stock and nothing will play. You need it read, then back to stock, then take the system update and then re-flash with LT+3.0

Last edited:
would it update to latest dash if I had 3.0 flashed then put a game in that updates? I can check what dash is now on my 3.0 if it will help, or does it depend on drive type, think its a hitachi but would need to check.

Sorry for all the questions

the machine with the LT+2.0 and the liteon would need to have it's "jewels" read and then flashed back to stock, then take the system update either by putting in a new game (they have a $ystem update on them you see) or USB or live. then when your on the latest dash you'd then flash LT+3.0 to it for the new games to work. and you'll have to burn your games again mate as the new LT+3.0 won't allow the old one's to work.. :(

Your other machine that has LT+3.0 on it now should really have been flashed back to stock before taking the update which was burned by your mate. (however I didn't as just couldn't be bothered the other day, we'll see if that's my downfall) I went from 14619 to 16197 without reverting to stock which is bad really......

Hope that clears it up mate, and don't worry about the questions bud no worries at all. :)

here's is the current state of drives and firmware HERE

Last edited:
Cheers dude, just worked out you've changed your user name.

My older games still work on the 3.0 machine.

From the sound of things I need to equip myself and learn how to do the flashing my self as in the long run would prob save me some money. When you say jewel I presume you mean the thing that turns a lock :)

user name? no not me.....ha!

what drive is in your LT+3.0 machine that the old games are working on?

just had a look through the hole, looks like the other 1, 2 yellow wires so I presume a lite-on.

hmmm.....

This version adds support for topology data in place of AP2.5 replay data for all XGD3 and AP2.5-active XGD2 backups. *NOTE: For drives that support AP2.5, all backups containing AP2.5 replay data will need to be patched or re-dumped and re-burned for compatibility with v3.0.

iXtreme LT+ v3.0 for Lite-On Phat retains support for the use of truncated backups, although it it strongly recommended to use full XGD3 burns made with a compatible Lite-On iHAS drive flashed with the iXtreme Burner MAX fw.

In LT+ v3.0, backups remain the same layout, but require new "AP2.5 topology data" in place of the older "AP2.5 replay sector" that was used in LT+ v2.x and older. Burned backups made for v2.x will not work on v3.0, and vice-versa. In the case of v3.0, the firmware would be looking for nonexistent topology data on a backup burned for v2.x. For v2.x, the firmware would be looking for nonexistent AP25 replay data on a backup burned for v3.0. Either way will not work, and will flag your 360 by failing AP2.5 challenges outright.

that doesn't make a massive amount of sense to me tbh, but all my games that I've tried from when it was on LT2.0 have worked. and the new game that updated it was burn't on a ihas rev b drive

Are you not interested in RGH? If you update to 15574 or latest one, it will be too late. I would consider this if you do not play on line as you will also have to buy an IHAS burner.

for my offline it sounds like its too late, the console still on 2.0 is my relations, he aint too great with computerish stuff, (I'm not great compared to some)I dunno if a rgh would be hard work for him, his is offline only he uses ps3 for online

RGH that puppy mate....you'll never look back...tell him you need it back....:)

Dave24, Oggy and Dilly1066 do postal services if you want. Send them a PM and see what they quote you. I did not see what console you have in the previous posts, ensure you detail this in a PM. You will have to compare the price of an IHAS drive and disc costs against it. If you don't go on live I would recommend it.

If you decide to stay the way you are, the change to 13146 affected firmware. Subsequent ones would be fine to update. Although you will need to update the DVD firmware for XGD3 games and possibly reburn some games.

go for the RGH m8 you will never look back and never burn a disk again for it :)

Hiya, got to agree mate if the console can be rgh you got to consider it, they are really good, like whats already been said no messing about with loads of discs either ,

Thanks for all the help guys, I think if I was gonna go the rgh route I would look for a exploitable slim console, as it should be a newer more relaible machine, or am I talking outta my arse? :)

Back