Phone Unlocking Unlock Samsung S3 on AT&T

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a free way to unlock a Samsung S3 which is network sim locked to AT&T?

I got friend down from the states and he wants to use a UK pay&go sim in his handset but it's requesting a unlock code when he inserts it.

Anyone know if there is a free way to unlock a Samsung S3 which is network sim locked to AT&T?

I got friend down from the states and he wants to use a UK pay&go sim in his handset but it's requesting a unlock code when he inserts it.

There's a few apps in the play store but I think you need to be rooted and not sure about US networks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

There's a few apps in the play store but I think you need to be rooted and not sure about US networks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the reply, will look into it, was hoping there might have been a code based solution

If you do a Google search there is a secret menu option for doing it. Did it on mine and worked fine. sorry on phone do can't post link.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Do AT&T use a sim card?
I bought a S3 that was on Sprint, got it over here to find that they dont use a sim card.

If you do a Google search there is a secret menu option for doing it. Did it on mine and worked fine. sorry on phone do can't post link.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I found a few options, I'm pretty sure the secret menu option you mentioned requires the software of the phone to be on 4.1 details of it can be found here
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S3 | giffgaff unlockapedia

Theirs also a user on fleabay selling some software and instructions for £1.50 item #251406184954
plus their is another seller selling codes for £7.39 FOR EUROPEAN NETWORKS ONLY item number # 291042310865

Do AT&T use a sim card?
I bought a S3 that was on Sprint, got it over here to find that they dont use a sim card.

Not sure about the Sprint one but the AT&T one deffo takes a sim card

Back