UK PS3 sales reach 3 million

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sony has confirmed that UK sales for its PS3 console have passed the 3 million mark.

The milestone was reached following strong end-of-year results for 2009, which saw the release of the PS3 Slim and games such as Uncharted 2.

The news follows Sony's recent revelation that it sold 3.8 million consoles worldwide in the final weeks of 2009.

This year sees the release of a number of Sony exclusives, including God Of War 3, Heavy Rain and Gran Turismo 5, as well as its new motion controller, which has been delayed until autumn.

Gaming - News - UK PS3 sales reach 3 million - Digital Spy

well done sony you robbing twats, lol, i love my ps3, cant wait for god of war and heavy rain to come out, whats that motion controller all about though!

We can't have anything said about the PS3 whatsoever without the 360 getting a mention lol, when oh when ;).....interesting comment though you should google it and let us all know.

So the PS3 sells almost 4 million units worldwide during the last month or two of 2009 ? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that's good news considering they were down 6 million units previously on the 360 worldwide, so unless the 360 had a blinding christmas I reckon that gap is breached somewhat at this point, not that it matters either way.

Good for Sony. It's nice to have serious competition on the go at long last.

God Of War 3 - Should be superb.
Heavy Rain - Can't wait for this.
Gran Turismo 5 - Curious but not too excited. I don't think it'll come close to the hype.
New Motion Controller - No Thanks, my PS3 is too good to impersonate a fooking Wii!

lol

the only info i could find about the xbox360 was that it has sold 30 million globally
yea i bet 10million of them had rrod lmao, i have both now but luv PS3 (still trying to fix xbox360 ;) )

God Of War 3 - Should be superb.
Heavy Rain - Can't wait for this.
Gran Turismo 5 - Curious but not too excited. I don't think it'll come close to the hype.
New Motion Controller - No Thanks, my PS3 is too good to impersonate a fooking Wii!

lol

Agreed except for the Gran Turismo 5 part, it's going to exceed the hype since I really don't think there's that much of it really and besides that fact you just know it's going to be selling an assload of copies since GT games normally do.

I also think the PS3 Motion Controller could turn out to be a dark horse, I wouldn't be so quick to write it off....but then that's what you do! ;)

Agreed except for the Gran Turismo 5 part, it's going to exceed the hype since I really don't think there's that much of it really and besides that fact you just know it's going to be selling an assload of copies since GT games normally do.

I also think the PS3 Motion Controller could turn out to be a dark horse, I wouldn't be so quick to write it off....but then that's what you do! ;)

GT5 will just be another excellent racer, they are ten a penny these days.

If it comes close to Codemasters 'Race Driver - Grid', I'll be very happy.

I've got absolutely no interest in the motion controller, infact I aim to Boycott any games that support it :)

lol @ Write-off comment. :)

GT5 will just be another excellent racer, they are ten a penny these days.

If it comes close to Codemasters 'Race Driver - Grid', I'll be very happy.

I've got absolutely no interest in the motion controller, infact I aim to Boycott any games that support it :)

lol @ Write-off comment. :)

Very true, but this is Gran Turismo we're talking about...and other than TOCA I am quite sure it's one of the original driving sim games, most definitely the most popular, I mean how many copies did that Prologue sell wasn't it 6 million or something like that and that was simply a glorified beta demo. I'll eat my hat if GT5 sells any less than 8 million, and I predict it'll be there or thereabouts with New Super Mario Bros. Because there's a lot of petrol heads that play video games who swear by Gran Turismo because of the name value and the fact it's a great game. Plus all the others, pound to penny, none of them are Gran Turismo. Just like there's loads of awesome boxers past and present but there's only 1 Muhammed Ali. Lots of great musicians but there's only 1 Elvis. Same with GT in the world of driving sim videogames.

Personally if Gran Turismo5 is better than the old Gran Turismo 3 (my favorite) especially with regards to soundtrack then I'll be happy because the soundtrack on that game was awesome - can't beat Feeder and a Subaru.

I have to say though that the two demos so far haven't impressed me, but I just know the full game will be something special. Damn well better be too with how long they had to work on it!

Oh and personally I thought that Motion Controller looked quite dinky with the 1-1 mapping and all that jazz. Honestly Motion Control when done right really adds to the game. It's just few and far between on the Wii.

Back