TM600 dead internet controller?

theblueirish

Inactive User
Reaction score
An old friend called me tonight and asked me to have a look at his TM600.

He told me that he thought it had been hit by lightning, I find this hard to believe as his router is still working ok. He said his wife was watching TV one night and a large bang and a flash came from under the TV where the TM600 was sitting.

The TM now has no internet at all, I checked it at his house and it was dead, checked the router and cable and they were fine. I have brought it home to my house now and it still won't connect to my network.

Now here is part of the problem, he pays a pay server for his line, the guy he pays wont give it to him without buying another Tm600 of him @ £250 (yeah stupid fecker I know).
If I back up the box using rs232 will it back up the cccam.cfg?
If the internet controller is fecked can it be replaced?

Any ideas appreciated.

I take it tuxbox is not installed on the receiver so can't copy file to USB

I there any signs of damage on the PCB or PSU or both. If you have another PSU, try that first. Different circuits power different items.

Not 100% sure, I thought a full backup would have copied everything. However, he is likely to have locked it down. Still gives chance to flash onto another receiver and see out the lion.

tuxbox is installed, password isnt blank though. might have a go at removing password tomorrow.
How do i transfer file to usb using tuxbox?

There is a view function. I suppose pen and paper always works.

I googled "tuxbox commander copy file" which has in depth instructions on the pdf by genoSUAVE. Sorry another forum so can't post. Option 5 is copy from one window to the other.

Last edited:
if you have pw just use DCC and transfer .cfg to desktop or just open .cfg and copy and paste sealion

yea your are correct ABU cant do it without network connected silly me

Tried different images to no avail. Looks like the network controller is fried. Can these be replaced or is it for the bin?

Back