Tm5402, tm6902, tm7102

does this only have now and next EPG?

Yes m8, like the majority of receivers, it reads the DVB information broadcast with the channel, and for most channels, this only includes now and next information, but, i have been talking with both TM and Phant0m about an idea ive had for quite a while, but as these receivers are fully closed source, i cannot implement anything, but things are being looked into ;)

Hello digidude,
Can you please help me? I would like to know if Technomate 5402 HD can read meo card Portugal.
Thanks in advanced!!

see your thread here m8

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/252354/

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think you liked closed source stb's Digi mate? (TM5402)
What is the point of these stb's when you can get a linux HD stb roughly same price (DM800 clone tce) or spiderbox amongst others which has more to offer?
Spider does avi files etc, can share card out and c/n lines in.
Streams films from pc etc
Time shift etc and also has the Via 3 hack as well as the canal nl/bulsat hack.
Before everyone starts jumping on me about this being the TM section, where else can you compare the boxes?
If I post in spider section it is TM related and vice versa.

TM5402 ccam is stable unlike spiderbox were have run ccam 2.1 to get stable

ive tested the 5402hd very dispirited with this box the remote was big let down buttons dead small and one buttons stuck in so tm sending new remote out. wen scanning the box it wont pick up all channels i did scan on 4.8e missed over 100 channels did blind scan it did same i even tried put freq in man didnt work not only did it on 4.8e it did it on other sats my dish is inline as i use my dm-500 and box has froze on me twice now had to turn box on and off to fix it .the ccam seems ok been freezing now gain but think thats my server cline got few clines to test today to find out, total let down this box is it cant even scan all channels wen you do a scan the default channels that tm put on the box even have channels missing to wen they scanned for channels
lets hope new patch comes out fixes the box.
update just tested ccam with a new cline its solid no glitches at all so ccam is really good

Last edited:
martin.uk
1-in Sirius I scanned 513 channels[Attached } just normal search with 103 patch how many did you find ???
2-Regards to freezing in which point did it freeze.
3-Remote is from Samsung which they have been using for years I wonder why you did not like it??
4-tm5402 uses st chip 7111 which is fastest chip today can record 3 channels and watch one
comparing with old st chip used in spider box or similar to reduce cost.
5- Did blind scan in 5 east found 543 channels
you might have problem with lnb or signal

martin.uk
1-in Sirius I scanned 513 channels[Attached } just normal search with 103 patch how many did you find ???
2-Regards to freezing in which point did it freeze.
3-Remote is from Samsung which they have been using for years I wonder why you did not like it??
4-tm5402 uses st chip 7111 which is fastest chip today can record 3 channels and watch one
comparing with old st chip used in spider box or similar to reduce cost.
5- Did blind scan in 5 east found 543 channels
you might have problem with lnb or signal

it was pucker m8 with my dm-800 all setup wen snow pisses off going reline my dish see wot happens wot sats you got on your box m8 can scan me 30w 7e thor 13e 26e theres others to then send us ya chan list bud

martin.uk

ready on the late attached

thanks m8 your a star err can share ya cards on this tm box to ? anyone tried it
think i need to reline my dish
how did you solv aidio problem i need turn my audio up to 80 so i can hear tv i turned tm remote on full then turned my tv volume up took to 80 get to hear it i go in settings hdmi audio no sound so i used other option

Last edited:
Hi all hope you had a good christmas, this is my first post here I hope you can help me as I am complete newbie... What caught my attention to the 6902 and 7102 is the inclusion of dvb t2 tuner since it gives you channels that you can only get with sky from my understanding currently this is channel one (previously the virgin channel), 4music, yesterday, dave, deja vu, quest and ch4 hd.
I almost went for the 6902 but i read in a review that you cant record from both tuners at the same time only from the same transponder (so i am assuming only from the same multiplex from the t2) ... is this true?
What about the 7102, i know this has an extra s2 tuner compared to 6902 but can you record from the three at the same or at least from the one of the s2 and the t2?
My last question is since I already have freeview in my tv, could I somehow record from this, if i could then i wouldnt need to worry about having a t2 tuner... thank you and eagerly awaiting a reply

Hi with either box if you use cccam/newdcam you can get any channel you can think of with a good server and broadband connection.
with the 7100/7102 you can record a channel and watch any other channel
if you want to record an other channel it can affect what else you can watch depending on what transponder you are on,you would need same as with sky+
an lnb with at least two outputs.I have the 7100 myself its working great for me.I got myself an 6902 for the bedroom working great and a skybox with fta in my son's room . all working from four quad lnb's on one dish i have most channels from around europe with the 7100+6902 have a good read of all the threads about cccam and the 8281 menu and you will figure it out.you can record the freeview on the box itself with the terrestial channels through the airrial.

DVB-T2 will allow you to receive BBC HD via terrestrial. If you cannot receive DAVE and the others now, then a T2 tuner wont help m8

I got myself a Tm6902 to replace my 6900 nonsuper in the bedroom
A great box pretty much the same and easy to use as the 6900 nonsuper
biggest difference is the cccam of course,i never got my head around sssp
And that you can record more sever channels at the same time on the same transponder works better then on my 7100 in the livingroom. the divx player is also a nice extra.
and the dtt is much more stabel on this nice box.Sofar i would recomend to anybody who want to upgrade their nonsuper tm.The new patch for the 28.5 epg makes it even better again.overall it's a good upgrade

I now I really would like 7 days EPG for tv vlaanderen / nederland digitaal
on Astra 19.2E / 23.5E

Surely this could be done as this is enabled by default on all Open source Linux models no ?

thats been there for ages all you have to do is go in epg and leave it load for a few minutes and you get your 7 days poping up.Working on my 6900 nonsuper for nearly two years now and on my 7100/6902.

Re: Tm7102 recording 2 channels

Hi with either box if you use cccam/newdcam you can get any channel you can think of with a good server and broadband connection.
with the 7100/7102 you can record a channel and watch any other channel
if you want to record an other channel it can affect what else you can watch depending on what transponder you are on,you would need same as with sky+
an lnb with at least two outputs.I have the 7100 myself its working great for me.I got myself an 6902 for the bedroom working great and a skybox with fta in my son's room . all working from four quad lnb's on one dish i have most channels from around europe with the 7100+6902 have a good read of all the threads about cccam and the 8281 menu and you will figure it out.you can record the freeview on the box itself with the terrestial channels through the airrial.

I've just set up a new 7102 - with A1, A2 and Hotbird running down two cables each passing through a Diseqc. Great pictures and usability but have two big issues with it.

1. I can't record two channels at the same time. As soon as one recording starts (say on Hotbird), I get a blank screen and 'No signal' on any Astra 1 channel. I can switch to Astra 2 (but think this is because if the Diseqc is unpowered, the cable defaults to port which is Astra 2). This is with Tuner setting set to Twin - if I switch it to single, I can't change channel at all unless I stop the recording.

2. The internal HDD continually seems to disconnect itself so no disk found if I try to record. Sticking in a USB memory stick and/or restarting the box sometimes gets it to appear again but it doesn't seem reliable and I'm concerned about unattended recordings actually happening.

Any advice from those who have a working setup would be most appreciated.

kind regards

I've just set up a new 7102 - with A1, A2 and Hotbird running down two cables each passing through a Diseqc. Great pictures and usability but have two big issues with it.

1. I can't record two channels at the same time. As soon as one recording starts (say on Hotbird), I get a blank screen and 'No signal' on any Astra 1 channel. I can switch to Astra 2 (but think this is because if the Diseqc is unpowered, the cable defaults to port which is Astra 2). This is with Tuner setting set to Twin - if I switch it to single, I can't change channel at all unless I stop the recording.

2. The internal HDD continually seems to disconnect itself so no disk found if I try to record. Sticking in a USB memory stick and/or restarting the box sometimes gets it to appear again but it doesn't seem reliable and I'm concerned about unattended recordings actually happening.

Any advice from those who have a working setup would be most appreciated.

kind regards

hi
can you explain a bit more about your set up
i have four quad lnb's running at hotbird 13e+astra 19e+23.5+28.2east
and two 4 way diseq switches and the lnb's are connected the same order
and the box setup in twin and it's working perfect on my 7100

2. the internal hdd drive is very sensitive too overheating so make sure it's not in a inclosed space so it can stay as cool as possible

i can sometimes record five channels at the same time 'depending on transponders so i can see no reason ,unless your using single lnb's ,why this does not work for you the new chip their using in 7102 should even make it easier to work on cccam

hi
can you explain a bit more about your set up
i have four quad lnb's running at hotbird 13e+astra 19e+23.5+28.2east
and two 4 way diseq switches and the lnb's are connected the same order
and the box setup in twin and it's working perfect on my 7100

2. the internal hdd drive is very sensitive too overheating so make sure it's not in a inclosed space so it can stay as cool as possible

i can sometimes record five channels at the same time 'depending on transponders so i can see no reason ,unless your using single lnb's ,why this does not work for you the new chip their using in 7102 should even make it easier to work on cccam

Hello - thanks for such a speedy response.

Here's a bit more about my setup:

Here are details of my current setup:

Astra 2 - quad LNB
Cable 1 direct -> Input 1 of Panasonic Freesat HDD recorder (which can't control Diseqc)
Cable 2 direct -> Input 2 of Panasonic Freesat HDD recorder (which can't control Diseqc)
Cable 3 -> Diseqc 1 -> Input 1 of TM 7102
Cable 4 -> Diseqc 2 -> Input 2 of TM 7102

Astra 1 - dual LNB
Cable 1 -> Diseqc 1
Cable 2 -> Diseqc 2

Hotbird - dual LNB
Cable 1 -> Diseqc 1
Cable 2 -> Diseqc 2

Diseqc 1 -> Input 1 of TM 7102
Diseqc 2 -> Input 2 of TM 7102

(I don't know which LNB connections are connected to which ports of the Diseqcs)

On my old single-channel TM 1500, the Diseqc cable was configured as follows. The second Diseqc cable was, I assume, configured the same - it formerly ran to the Freesat HDD recorder which, as it didn't 'do' Diseqc, defaulted to port 1 - Astra 2.

Astra 2 on Diseqc 1 of 4
Astra 1 on Diseqc 2 of 4
Hotbird on Diseqc 3 of 4

I did notice the HDD in the TM was very hot. It is in a cabinet with closed side but open back and front: I've left the HDD cover flap off since reading your note.

Does this help?

Astra 2 - quad LNB
Cable 1 direct -> Input 1 of Panasonic Freesat HDD recorder (which can't control Diseqc)
Cable 2 direct -> Input 2 of Panasonic Freesat HDD recorder (which can't control Diseqc)
Cable 3 -> Diseqc 1 -> Input 1 of TM 7102
Cable 4 -> Diseqc 2 -> Input 2 of TM 7102

Astra 1 - dual LNB
Cable 1 -> Diseqc 1
Cable 2 -> Diseqc 2

Hotbird - dual LNB
Cable 1 -> Diseqc 1
Cable 2 -> Diseqc 2

Diseqc 1 -> Input 1 of TM 7102
Diseqc 2 -> Input 2 of TM 7102

>>>>> This is all wrong

It should be :

Quad LNB Astra 2 = 2 cables Direct towards Panasonic = OK
Astra 1 TWIN, Diseqc 1 , 2 cables on 2 switches 2/1 diseqc port 1
Hotbird TWIN; Diseqc 2 , 2 cables on 2 switches 2/1 diseqc port2

TM7100 receiver :
Settings Twin LNB setup, diseqc 1.0
Astra 1 : diseqc port 1
Hotbird : diseqc port 2

From each switch there is only one cable coming that should be connected to Tuner 1 (sat) and Tuner 2 (sat).

There you go :)

I would ditch the panasonic recorder and use Two 4/1 diseqc switch.
Astra 1 : port 1
Hotbird : Port 2
Astra2 : port 3
and one port 4 that is left for future use.

Thats right wolftje
and make sure you use the same order on both 4 way switches
like Astra 1 : port 1 on 4 way switch 1 and the same on your second 4 way switch realy twin it
Hotbird : Port 2
satra 2 : port 3
and for the hdd drive make sure that auto timeshift is turned off
you find this in menu>usb>diskmanager because this will overheat your drive.
Let us know how you get on i might upgrade to a 7102 at some stage so would be nice to hear what you think of it goldnet

Last edited:
Back