TM500 Super re-flash/password reset

Can someone on me who it is pls, if its who I'm thinking of, I can direct you to his missus shop
I'll tell you and anyone else who wants to know he calls himself bob bobalot his site was topboxes.biz. Also he was useing your plugins and a DW image not that I think that you have any assosiation with him as I know you are really against this sort of thing

Last edited:
someone has PMd me the details, as well as the postcode from where his receiver was sent from as it was on the package. i dont know who this is though. as i know where bonter is from, i put 2 + 2 together and came up with 7.386. i know of someone where bonter is, who happens to be called bob and installs aerials etc, who ive been called to after hes fitted some satellite systems to refit them properly

Bonter does digital window ring any bells with you.

i`am in the same boat i bought a tm 500 off topboxes.biz aka bob bobalot in aprill 2011 and just keep getting automated email replys

Hi guys, I just made a new thread but probably should have asked in here first.
Thanks to everyones help in this thread I did a quick factory reset on my tm500 super last night (opposed to a full factory reset) It appears to have deleted all the settings and preferences, passwords etc but has left the UR image on.
I think the current UR image that is installed is an older version and i wanted to install the latest version so it sorts out the aspect ratio issue. My question is can i just install the latest verion over the top of the currently installed one or do i need to remove the old one first? and will it effect my settings, plugins and bouquets etc?

Thanks

sorry guys couldnt upload a picture of what i see when i press tuxbox commander i see bin, etc in two boxes and when i go to password its says LINK then when i press link it says i can set a password. question is, Is my tm super 500 password protected.

go easy on me i am a total newbie and jsut trying to learn guys

Attachments

• New Picture.bmp
    5.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
sorry guys couldnt upload a picture of what i see when i press tuxbox commander i see bin, etc in two boxes and when i go to password its says LINK then when i press link it says i can set a password. question is, Is my tm super 500 password protected.

go easy on me i am a total newbie and jsut trying to learn guys

sorry guys found out my box is password protected now the question is again, if i rest the password thru using the tut will it just reset the password and leave the box alone, i mean it will not format the box. i am a total newbie and would like to leave the box has is until i get used to messing around with it.

thanks guys in advance
p..

Peter, check out the 5th post on this thread from digidude. Im new to this myself so i wouldn't want to give you wrong advice. See his comment about step 4 and 5, i believe that tells you how to reset your box password via tuxbox commander. Sorry i cant be more help mate.

I'll tell you and anyone else who wants to know he calls himself bob bobalot his site was topboxes.biz. Also he was useing your plugins and a DW image not that I think that you have any assosiation with him as I know you are really against this sort of thing

I too was ripped off by bob bobalot.You say that he was using a DW image?I have reflashed my box a few times and haven't really liked any of the images.Do you know which one he was using?
I think it was Nabilosat blackhole,but which one I am not sure?I have heared that if you flash with the wrong image it can mess your box up.It had an HD look about it.All the images I have tried so far have looked very old fashioned,and I am not able to update my epg.How Do I know which boot loader I have?I have a clone DM800HD.

Sorry mate I don't know I only know that before I re-flashed my box I was messing with it I noticed digidudes plugins and when I tried something else the DigitalWorldz logo came up in a green box on the top left hand corner of the screen.

Just remembered I did get the info from the box before I flashed it.

Enigma: OpenPLi2011-04-11-HEAD
Image: TM800-UR-1.0.0-17/05/11
Front processor ver: 1.0.1

I don't know if this is a DW image or not like i said I was sure it was because of the logo in screen corner

same boat and lesson learned didnt even get a full month as i had to send box back as epg was not working, feel really lost now & guess i got alot of reading to do :/

same boat and lesson learned didnt even get a full month as i had to send box back as epg was not working, feel really lost now & guess i got alot of reading to do :/

I got just over a week!! lol.

It's really not that difficult to do, i managed it so it can't be. I did do a LOT of reading though.

If you are new to this like i was/am you should choose to do a quick factory reset (not a full factory reset). This will keep the UR image installed. When it re-boots you will need to follow the on screen options (youtube 'tm500 super' and there is a video talking you through the setup). If it doesn't automatically take you to the satellite scan setup you may have to access it via the menu. Before scanning you may want to untick the 'free channels only' box. Once all the channels are scanned you will probably want to upload/download bouquets (channel lists) to your box. this can be done by downloading channel lists from this forum (i used sgt flipflops bouquets) and uploaded using dbedit. I believe there is a guide for using dbedit on this forum. Then if you want to access the cccam config file you can do it using mini web, digidude has created a great tutorial on using mini web, again available on this forum.

Hope that helps mate.

Piemagic

thanks piemagic, will it be the same on the TM800HD as thats the one i purchased only found this site from google from searching around to see what had happened to service glad i did find this site tho as there seems to be alot of useful posts and people willing to help others :)

mikelici you can try a factory reset dont know if it will work on a tm800 but it wont hurt. I just reflashed mine with another image but try a reset first if it dont work you can easily re-flash very simple to do

Hi,

I am a newbie and bought a tm500 from topboxes. I read on another tutorial that to bypass the password so I could enter a new c-line i could use tuxbox to alter the passwd file and enter the line root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh. Unfortunatly with my naivity and a poorly worded tutorial I have changed both the passwd and passwd- files to the root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh line. I realise since that changing the passwd file is a big mistake. Does anyone know the code to enter back into the passwd- file so that it works correctly again? or will I have to re-flash/factory reset my tm500?

I am a newbie but very willing to learn more, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hmmm, you deleted both passwd files ....

the command "pwconf" will restore yr shadow passwd file

passwd will set your password
passwd root

sync
reboot

Also,
Maybe there is a file opasswd thay you can restore ?

Also you could try a factory reset from boot/within menu ? (that would restore all settings)

Maybe Dr linux, Digi and many other linux people in here have another solution ?

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your response. How would I execute the command 'pwconf'? (sorry I'm very green in terms of these things and tuxbox use....as you can probably guess)

Couldn't find the file opasswd...where would this be located?

If I did a factory reset would this have to be full or a quick factory reset? if i did a quick then I would be able to keep my UR image right? and then I would simply have to use TCC 7.1 to make any updates?

Thanks

Back