TM-TWIN OE HD Satellite receiver/Spec

Viewed the images separately, I wonder if the remote can be programmed to turn tv on and off?

It's a universal remote so I'm told :)

Sent from my iPhone

Broadcom chipset?

i believe its the BCM7335 broadcom chipset m8

Doesnt display properly

uploaded to here m8

Technomate software online

towards bottom of the page

It's a universal remote so I'm told :)

oooo, now you mention that, and ive taken another, closer look at it, it appears my past prayers have been answered, i remember saying something along the lines of

'this is the best remote ive ever seen, if only it could be reprogrammed to work my linux box'

anyone got any idea of approx price for one of these units? If i need to save, I wanna know potenially how much?

please feel free to PM me if you don't want to announce to the world...

Total guess but would be good at £250 mark?

I would say 250 should be the absolute maximum. Considering VU DUO's apparently can be had for 280 if you shop around. So given TM's track record of extremely rubbish linux recievers anyone with any sense would buy a DUO instead unless the price is significantly lower than the DUO or software functionality and ongoing support can be proven to be at the same level or better than the DUO.
Also with talk of the Chineese cloners working on combo tuners for DM800SE clones and Dreams Prototype dual DVBS-2 tuner..if these hit the market in DM800SE clones...you looking at a sub 200 quid twin tuner reciever.

With the tm800 still retailing between £199 and £250 I cannot see this comming in at anything under £300. If it is sub £250 I will be queuing up to get one on release day.

If its in the £300 range I would go for the vu duo thats tried and tested.

if its broadcom chipset, id imagine it would be added to the openpli code, along with duo, et9000 and others, as its the same chip

With the tm800 still retailing between £199 and £250 I cannot see this comming in at anything under £300. If it is sub £250 I will be queuing up to get one on release day.

If its in the £300 range I would go for the vu duo thats tried and tested.

queuing up on release day ? LOL have you learnt nothing from the TM800 shambles...steer well clear mate until functionality, feature set and support is proven.
I wouldnt buy one on release even it was sub 200 quid until above mentioned functionality is proven.

Understand what you mean but if it has the broadcom chip the same as the vu things should be alot closer than they shambles they made with the 800, If this comes in at around 250, has HD and Twin PVR function then t would be an idea replacement for the Sky HD box,
If only I could push the green button and record Glee every Friday night for the rest of my life :)

I have been told that it will be cheaper than any other Linux Twin Tuner open source box

I have been told that it will be cheaper than any other Linux Twin Tuner open source box

Intresting that means it should be less than 230. The Qbox Mini HD at 200 is the cheapest open source E2 reciever that I know off add the 2nd tuner and it's around 230.

3 threads now running on this site about a reciever that in theory does not exist, all speculation or drip feeds from technomate who knows. I posted a little joke about it earlier and it was removed. Is this site truly independent or just a launch pad for technomate new products.

If it is sub £250 I will be queuing up to get one on release day..

If you are going to be queueing for this then you are more mental than me mate. :)

I'm very interested but I need to know that it really is open source and has a workable and well supported chipset (Broadcom).

Even then I'll not be buying it straight away, I'll wait and see what other teams adopt it, if the VU+ and Dreambox teams sign up then I'll spend my money no problem, although this all depends on whether or not the DM800SE get's it's rumoured 2x Tuner card or even satellite usb tuner support.

3 threads now running on this site about a reciever that in theory does not exist, all speculation or drip feeds from technomate who knows. I posted a little joke about it earlier and it was removed. Is this site truly independent or just a launch pad for technomate new products.

You get speculation threads on lots of stuff though thats not released yet, like talk of Twin Sat tuner modules for Dreams etc...

But to some extent I agree with your point, theres definitely a feeling sometimes that theres some "TM Fanboysim" going on and behind the scenes theres probably too much closeness to Dr Linux going on. Hence all the mentions of freebie recievers being dished out etc...
Ever since the TM500/600 and later 800HD were released there was let's just say "over enthusiastic" reviews and posts surfacing here...
I used to get posts deleted as well, for highlighting issues.

But I wouldn't say theres any independance issues, this forum from what i've seen is one of the most open forums on the net, you can express your view whatever it maybe without the threat of getting banned etc. Certain forums your not allowed to say anything negative abiout products even if it's true because the site sponsors sell those products etc...

Anyway back on topic, if what TM say is true there is potential for a twin tuner reciever to be succesful, but only if theyre willing to put the cash into software support i've said before...hust having a brodcom chip doesnt mean the Software teams will support your product...They dont work for free. VU have support from Blackhole Team. Im not 100% sure how the PLI project works but i'd guess theres a difference between saying PLI will run on the box and "Official Support by PLI team" which probably isnt free.
So dont get caught up in speculation, wait and see if the proof is in the pudding...It;s a classic trait of Korean sat manufacturers to neglect software support. iF this is still ITGate...expect the same..I've NEVER seen a well supported product come out from their factory.

1 thread has been split due to crap being posted as per usual in TM threads lol

the talk of free boxes is from 1 member "Manic01" he has apparently seen a list of who is getting free boxes ? no idea but I take his word for it :) but seems its caused a stir, Id like to see the list myself so feel free to post this list up manic for all to see :)

the fanboy stuff is obviously aimed at Digi and myself lol

I had a lot of contact with TM at 1 point due to having many troubles with my box, and not living that far away could easily pop in to try and rectify any problems or swap for a new box, but contact is very sparse now as I no longer use the TM800 and have bought a 800SE, although I do still have the TM800 as I was let down on the sale of it

most of what I have posted about the TM-TwinOE Ive found via searching (google TM Twin) but have had the odd email from TM giving a little more info (does that mean I'm a fanboy ?)

up to now the only free item Ive had from TM is the last time my TM800 got replaced I found a HDD installed, you can class that as a freebie if you want, I class it as a little compensation for the phone calls and petrol I used

I personally wanted to clear that up as every so often we get this fan boy stuff, I'm fed up of all this nonsense

If you are going to be queueing for this then you are more mental than me mate. :)

I'm very interested but I need to know that it really is open source and has a workable and well supported chipset (Broadcom).

Even then I'll not be buying it straight away, I'll wait and see what other teams adopt it, if the VU+ and Dreambox teams sign up then I'll spend my money no problem, although this all depends on whether or not the DM800SE get's it's rumoured 2x Tuner card or even satellite usb tuner support.

Call it boredom, got more freetime on my hands now and someone has to break them to get them working properly.

You get speculation threads on lots of stuff though thats not released yet, like talk of Twin Sat tuner modules for Dreams etc...

dreambox twin tuner modules, the dm800 and dm8000 were being talked about for a few years before they actually appeared, the dm500hd, the 7020hd, the spiderbox IP type box (that was always coming soon and never appeared), the iphone5, the slim xbox360, the slim ps3, the mini eagle box, flux capacitors, time travel, world peace, and god knows what else

yes i own just about every model of technomate receiver, but, i also own just about every game console ever released (or have owned at some point), ive owned every dreambox except for the 5620, 7000 and 8000, and still own the ones i have bought, all of which are originals. a few years back, i did start owning receivers released by another well known 'name' but once i saw how the 'support' was going, i stopped trying to keep up.

i own at least one of every skyuk card ever released, and nearly one of every model of receiver

im one of a few people, who dont actually do things like this on the forums for money, but to improve things as a whole for others, my job is working with satellite equipment, and i like to be THE BEST at my job, by knowing the equipment inside out, if a customer wants to ask me anything about any of the equipment i use, i want to be able to tell them everything

if that makes me a TM8 fanboy, then im fine with that, but, youll also have to brand me a dreambox, skyuk and console fanboy as well :) (and with the way things are going with the 'brand' names in my house, a Samsung one too, all samsung tellys, blurays, DVD recorders, netbooks and cameras)

I'd love to see your electric bill

Sent from my iPhone

I'd love to see your electric bill

Sent from my iPhone

id love someone else to pay it lol, especially with kids turning every light and telly in the house on, then going out lol

and the daftest thing of all, i hardly ever watch anything on the telly, and play consoles even less :)

Back