Tm 600 dead after power failure

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone point me to which components would likely fail due to mains being shut off. Box now either stays with no front display or a messed up random front display. Box dont show up on lan. I am going to open it up and look for blown caps. I just wandered whether it could be the flash corrupted.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone point me to which components would likely fail due to mains being shut off. Box now either stays with no front display or a messed up random front display. Box dont show up on lan. I am going to open it up and look for blown caps. I just wandered whether it could be the flash corrupted.

flash could be corrupt
reflash would be a good starting point

Think it would have to be through serial cable as its not showing on the network. Just done some voltage checks & it piints to psu problem. The molex connector has 7.5v & 17.5v. Also the connector that goes to main board has only one voltage on it. I will take psu out & see if i can find whats gone.

Looks like its a ceramic capacitor(cc204) or d207,d205 & r215. there is a simimilar circuit at the other side of the board wirh same components giving different resistance check results. I think cc204 has gone. When doing a resistance check it is only measuring 80 ohmns. Anyone know the value this capacitor should be. ,sure i will have some box i can get one from.

Last edited:
Back