TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ (Early patches)

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,

There wasn't much happening yesterday... so I thought it might be a good idea to have another look at all of the early patches for the TM 5402 HD

I tested all the early patches from 101 right through to 110 (in conjunction with a current/up-to-date TMSoftcam keyfile)

NB:
I applied TM Original Software v1.17 first before each patch
I only tested packages/channels on Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E

The results (below) are quite interesting... I found that C+NL worked perfectly on the first 5 patches... in fact it worked so well that I had to switch the patch OFF in the menu just to confirm... they were clearing so fast... I thought the channels had gone FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 101] 02 Nov 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 102] 18 Nov 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 103] 08 Dec 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 104] 23 Dec 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 106] 12 Jan 2011 > C+NL [OK] ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 107] 31 Jan 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 108] 23 Feb 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 109] 01 Apr 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 110] 09 May 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]

Perhaps this info might be of some use to PhantOm...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thats very interesting thanks Zorch - think we'll find very similar results after patch 737P (or even patch 726P) with the TM6000 Super series too, so surely the 'whizz kids' Phantom(s) and TM must have heard a few very large pennies drop by now mate?
Think xxxxxx actually carried out similar tests on the TM600 Super series well over a year ago - and we have all been requesting the 'merging' of previous 'good' patches with later 'bad ' patches (where relevant!) to give us the best UNIVERSAL patch - yet they dont seem to WANT to know what we are telling them, to help us ALL get satisfaction do they?
Come on Phantom(s) PLEASE get your act(s) together guys! We really DO appreciate your efforts - but unfortunately we cant do it FOR you!:Cheers:

Hi again all,

There wasn't much happening yesterday... so I thought it might be a good idea to have another look at all of the early patches for the TM 5402 HD

I tested all the early patches from 101 right through to 110 (in conjunction with a current/up-to-date TMSoftcam keyfile)

NB:
I applied TM Original Software v1.17 first before each patch
I only tested packages/channels on Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E

The results (below) are quite interesting... I found that C+NL worked perfectly on the first 5 patches... in fact it worked so well that I had to switch the patch OFF in the menu just to confirm... they were clearing so fast... I thought the channels had gone FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 101] 02 Nov 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 102] 18 Nov 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 103] 08 Dec 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 104] 23 Dec 2010 > C+NL [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 106] 12 Jan 2011 > C+NL [OK] ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 107] 31 Jan 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 108] 23 Feb 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 109] 01 Apr 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+ [Phantompatch 110] 09 May 2011 > ORF/AustriaSat [OK]

Perhaps this info might be of some use to PhantOm...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Zorch,

So which is the best all round patch to use?

What are the disadvantages to using these early patches?

Or maybe we CAN help if they guide us...

Think both Manic01 and Jimihendrix have already explained why WE can't - despite all our offers to do so - hence the series of 'test' patches!:Cheers:

Sooner rather than later the irdeto canal nl will cease to work.
Basically only Bulsat irdeto and few others left.
The end is night for any non cccam/newcs receiver other than using offical card and feeds etc.

Hi dazman1122,

Hi Zorch,

So which is the best all round patch to use?

What are the disadvantages to using these early patches?

My own personal preference for the TM 5402 HD is... load TM Original Software v1.17 first... then overwrite it with Phantompatch 117

The disadvantages of the early patches... I suppose it all depends on what you expect from the patch... maybe it's a case of 'suck it and see'... obviously they are early development projects and the patch features will be at the same stage... why not have a try though... perhaps some findings might be relevant to improving future patches... who knows what may be gleaned from trying them...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi dazman1122,

My own personal preference for the TM 5402 HD is... load TM Original Software v1.17 first... then overwrite it with Phantompatch 117

The disadvantages of the early patches... I suppose it all depends on what you expect from the patch... maybe it's a case of 'suck it and see'... obviously they are early development projects and the patch features will be at the same stage... why not have a try though... perhaps some findings might be relevant to improving future patches... who knows what may be gleaned from trying them...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yeah thats a great idea, I just need to learn a little more as I'm a newbie (owned motorised 10 days now). Once I'm up to speed I will deffo start testing and playing. Im currently using Phantompatch 1.17. the only difference is I loaded TM original 1.20 first .. maybe this was wrong but I haven't noticed anything weird so far!.

Kind regards

Were it not for the lack of a 28.2 epg I would be using an earlier patch.
I think file transfers with stbdaemon were added in v112 approx.
The motor stop bug was introduced around 116 ish. If there's a patch with epg and without the motor jamming, and with file transfers, I guess it's around 112. Will have a look when I'm back home in a week or so.

thanks for this Zorch i dont suppose you have any linkage to the original 1.17 software do you? ive been looking for it all over so i can take your advice and then try phantom 1.17 to see if it will sort out my satellite changing glitch on the latest patch

Were it not for the lack of a 28.2 epg I would be using an earlier patch.
I think file transfers with stbdaemon were added in v112 approx.
The motor stop bug was introduced around 116 ish. If there's a patch with epg and without the motor jamming, and with file transfers, I guess it's around 112. Will have a look when I'm back home in a week or so.

First chance I've had to play for a few weeks, been on hols.

112p back on my 5402 for testing.
The 7 day epg works, but programme name only. No synopsis.
The motor does not jam on channel change.
Softcam opens everything I tried where keys are not down, except c nl.
BISS channels all working eg PLTV 10e, foxsports30w
Streaming/pc file transfer working
youtube, hardstation1 and 2 not working.

I can't think of anything else that was added or fixed that I'm missing?
What else was changed from 112 to 123 that I'm not remembering here?

At the moment, I'm happy not to have synopsis and youtube (crappy feature anyway) in exchange for the motor fix. Staying with 112. Seems faster too?

I really do hope Phantom/TM ARE reading all these posts, because as has already been said in numerous post both here AND elsewhere we still arent reaching our goals with new patches as they last promised WEEKS ago!:nopity:

Back