Timed recording

davecabezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I have the 5402 M3 and set the unit to record a program on 27.
It appeared that the timer/recording worked OK but when I tried to play it back it froze the unit and the only way to restore the unit was switching off then back on
I decided to see if VLC would play the file on my PC but it then froze VLC and also my computer!!

The files on the HDD from the 5402 are :-
Folder :- BBC Two, Inside:- BBC2 HD 014.000, BBC2 HD 014.001, BBC2 HD 014 & a BBC2 HD info file.

As soon as the main folder BBC Two is oped the windows 7 appears to start loading something into memory which makes the computer un responsive and I have to manually reboot.

Any idea what is happening

Regards

Dave

I have no idea what is happening in your case, but the M3 (and F3/5) will not timer-record off 27.5W. Even if you get it to work, you will have no audio. What memory are you using? M1's & 2's work OK, but you need quite fast memory for them to work well.

The strange thing is that when I tried to replay the recording it started playing in the small box to the right of the main window and when I pressed OK on the remote it played full screen, with sound for about 2-3 seconds before freezing!
Not sure which memory your referring to, ie Technomate or computer

Regards

Dave

The strange thing is that when I tried to replay the recording it started playing in the small box to the right of the main window and when I pressed OK on the remote it played full screen, with sound for about 2-3 seconds before freezing!
Not sure which memory your referring to, ie Technomate or computer

Regards

Dave

Well, if you got audio at all you're doing well!
By 'memory' I meant what USB device are you using in the Technomate? Is it a USB memory stick or a portable hard drive? You can check its performance in Disk Management menu. (Do it 2 or 3 times, sometimes you get a fluke reading!)
It would also be interesting to know what patch your M3 box is running: Menu > system info = s/w version

Thanks for your reply

I've used a 300Gb HDD and tested it 3 times and it was near top range on each test

The s/w version is 1.17 June 10th 2014

I'm assuming that if the Tech wont play recordings that if I use the Scart to a VCR then that would record programs I don't suppose theres a timer in the Tech which would switch it on remotely!

Regards

Dave

Thanks for your reply

I've used a 300Gb HDD and tested it 3 times and it was near top range on each test

The s/w version is 1.17 June 10th 2014

I'm assuming that if the Tech wont play recordings that if I use the Scart to a VCR then that would record programs I don't suppose theres a timer in the Tech which would switch it on remotely!

Regards

Dave

Your HDD would appear to be OK then.
There are later patches, but none of them resolve the recording issue on 27.5W.
You can still set the TM to come on at preset times using the same timer setting procedure, but just leave the 'record' setting at the bottom at 'Off'. Then set the corresponding times on your VHS (remembering to select AV1 or whatever the Scart socket is labelled for the channel to be recorded) and you should be good to go. Do a trial run first, just in case!

Back