This is a new one to me..

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Trying to install Windows XP and I'm geting an error....

LBA not available.
CHS not available.

:err:

Does the drive need repartitioned?

Suspect it has to be from USB that's why witchy is having this particular problem.

CHS addressing (cylinder/head/sector) can only address the first 8GB of a hard disk. LBA can go up to 137GB, and the new 48-bit LBA can exceed even that. There's also an issue with the BIOS where it may be necessary to install a BIOS upgrade for your system in order for the system to work properly with the new hard.

Try using FlashBoot 2

To unify runtime environment, FlashBoot 2 stage2 loader always provides LBA and CHS disk access to USB device it boots from.

Download FlashBoot 2.0b.rar from megaupload.com - Filestube.com - download everything

Let us know how you get on witchy

Cheers mate, that sorted it. :)

I've also finally managed to get PXE running properly, how did I do it I hear you ask.....well, I formatted my main PC loaded a fresh copy of Win7 onto it and it worked no problem, on first attempt the WinXP PXE enviroment successfully connected to my main pc and installed the OS over the network.

Thank God that's over.

lol

Hi there, having same issue. Before coming to the forum I have already downloaded Flashboot 2.0 transfered my cd to flash drive and trying get the X on my Sony Laptop and same errors.

BHA not available
CHS not available

Is it the copy of Windows XP professional corp edt that I am using or is it something else that I need to do?

Please Help since I am a bit confused on what I should do here?

The only step im doing different by the way on the flashboot program is instead of Convert Windows XP on teh scenario page I select Wrap bootable CD/DVD because it's ISO image files I am using here.

Not sure if this is maybe my issue? Please let me know what you think any help would be great.

Hi there, having same issue. Before coming to the forum I have already downloaded Flashboot 2.0 transfered my cd to flash drive and trying get the X on my Sony Laptop and same errors.

BHA not available
CHS not available

Is it the copy of Windows XP professional corp edt that I am using or is it something else that I need to do?

Please Help since I am a bit confused on what I should do here?

This problem is fixed in the latest FlashBoot version 2.1
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back