The Average british soldier

i dont think it matters that the vid is americanised brittishised or anything. i just recognise that it is a reminder of what our (any) armed forces do, and feel it is a good reminder that we should spare a thought.

Last edited:
i dont think it matters that the vid is americanised brittishised or anything. i just recognise that it is a reminder of what our (any) armed forces do, and feal it is a good reminder that we should spare a thought.

Totally agree with you. After all, it spawned this argument where we argued that we all appreciate our forces, who they are and what they do for us.

/In a really bizarre way for some

Sorry m8, that's a bit messed up but I take it that from me saying that I didn't like the vid as it was too Americanised and that I have great respect for our armed forces and I would welcome any one of them into my home for food shelter and respect that YOU have take it to mean that I hate the armed forces and have no respect for them?

not at all mate i didn't mean that at all i was only saying basically that it doesn't matter if its the UK.Americans etc there all doing the same job and if it wasn't for them the world could be in a far worst state as it already in

not at all mate i didn't mean that at all i was only saying basically that it doesn't matter if its the UK.Americans etc there all doing the same job and if it wasn't for them the world could be in a far worst state as it already in

That's fine m8 but my point had noting to do with where the forces were from. I was merely commenting on the audience. ie this type of video, to me, is very Americanised and suited towards that audience. It looks though I'm stuck in my ways though since most people seemed to like it. I'm more used to the reserved British appreciation of our armed forces.

I get what you mean mate, i for one do not need a video to appreciate our soldiers, and i can see how you think this is "Americanised", as they're more receptive to things like this. (Think about similar videos you may have seen like this, i'm sure you'd have seen an American flag in it). I do not think you don't appreciate soldiers, and whoever does, may need to read your points again.

Good vid that, I've got a friend who's a royal marine top bloke, he's just been in a national newspaper about bringing a dog back from Afghanistan that had its ears cut off by the Taliban.

Well for me that video made my hair stand on end and sent shivers down my spine, we forget how young some of them are, I don't think we apprieciate our armed forces enough tbh

Thankyou Lads

Lest we forget

I agree with you pal, I see the armed forces as people who primarily enjoy the thrill of the job not people who sign up purely for the good of the country, sorry.

I am not belittling their job in any way I am just agreeing that I don't need force feeding where my appreciations should lie.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

that made me proud m8, to once be a British soilder.......

always have and always will appreciate and be proud of the british armed forces.
But it makes me even more pissed off that these people are being sent to sh1tholes like iraq and afghanistan for the benefit of turd politicians without a second thought, and if they die or get injured they and their families are basically spat on with the little help they are given by these same politicians in government.

Back