Tenda N60 Wireless-N600 Dual band Gigabit Router £34 and some pennies delivered.

thanks for that but i didnt ask is this for virgin or bt im trying to find out on the net but no luck yet as i dont no witch is adsl silly me A cheers tony

I am using it successfully with BT, Virgin can be cable and adsl, BT is adsl. Broadband via your telephone line. If you are with Virgin and you do not have to plug in your telephone line then it is not adsl.

Last edited:
ok thanks mate so its no good for Virgin is that right ive just had a look at the images for it

I think it should work with VM as it just plugs into the VM router via ethernet cable. You then just turn the VM router into router mode only.

Hi everyone,

after receiving some good reviews of this product i decided to purchase it. Seemed like a great price for a solid product.

Out the box it was easy to set up and i got it connected to phones, computers, laptops and xbox 360.

When i tried adding my other xbox 360 (wired) it caused problems. With the one xbox without fiddling with settings (only DMZ on xbox ip) i was connecting to xbox live fine and NAT appeared to be open.

That night i started to encounter problems, my xbox 360s decided not to connect to xbox live at all, even when they did it stated my network was on moderate/strict. ive tried countless times and different methods (static ips for xboxs, port forwarding, DMZ). it appears to work for a little bit then fails again.

i spent countless hours trying to set this router up (all computers and other devices wired and wireless work flawlessy). i cant access any firewall settings for this router so i cant see what its doing. ive reverted back to the superhub which is shockinggggg.

anyone else had this trouble? half the the time the xbox live test just fails to get internet access. ive tried fiddling with firmwars but still no joy.

HELP please.

chaps,
I'm new to this site, so first of all, hello.
I have bought on of the Tenda N600 routers and have connected it by Belkin Gigabit Powerline adapters between two rooms. I want to set up an single network via a Talk Talk D Link DSL 2780 instead of the two networks I have at the moment.
Could you please tell me what I'm missing. I now I have to set the SSID to the same name, but my D-Link has no forwarding setting that I can recognise.
Any help from you chaps that seem very knowledgeable in this field.,

Regards,

Rocker.

You will need to change the SSID to match that of your original wireless network.

you will need to match the passwords and also the security... this is important!

If your WIFI security is WPA2 on the original router you must make it WPA2 on the tenda router...

This can be problematic with different routers though mate (due to Security modes). And to put a power-line adapter in the equation too :)

Good luck pal.

Mick

Hi Mick and thanks for the quick repsonse. I've just been announcing myself on the Who are you page.
Great site btw.
I've just finished duplicating my settings, so far I have two same named networks, same security and password, SSID and login username. So far so good.
Does this mean I can delete one of the profiles from my wi fi "manage wireless networks" UI and my laptop, phone tablet and such will connect to the router giving out the strongest signal.
I kinda thought I'd have to much about in the D-Link web interface a bit to set it up for two routers?
I think I'm about 95% of the way there, will keep tinkering.

Thanks in the meantime,

rocker

You should not have two profiles in your equipment, wifi is built to jump between signals without you knowing... It should just pick the strongest signal in the background.

Regards
mick

Sent from my iPhone.

Thanks again Mick.

Do I have to assign a static IP for the "slave" router or should they both work on auto?

It seems fine at the moment.

Steve

Thanks again Mick.

Do I have to assign a static IP for the "slave" router or should they both work on auto?

It seems fine at the moment

Steve

I spoke too soon. I've got two networks with the same SSID showing and ip range for one is 192.168.0.1 and the other is 192.168.1.1.

What setting would I need to change to make them the same network?

I take it I'd have to change the master (Dlink DSL 2780) to something to send the wireless signal on, but what?

Also, what would I change on the Tenda to receive the signal.

Sorry for asking so much, but this isn't my strong point.

Regards,

Steve.

You need to change them so they are on the same network

Look in the settings page of both and they will have an area for the address.

something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Now you need to make sure whatever the main routers network is you put the slave router on the same...

IE (this is an example only)

If the main router is 192.168.0.1 then you should put the slave (repeater) on 192.168.0.2 or a free address in that range.
If the main router is 192.168.1.1 then you should put the slave (repeater) on 192.168.1.2 or a free address in that range.

Regards
Mick

You also need to make sure the slave router has the gateway addressed to 192.168.WHATEVER.1

WHATEVER would equal either 0 or 1, depending on the main routers address.

Regards
Mick

Thanks Mick,

I'll try that.

The slave router had a repeater mode on it under WDS setting, I'll try changing that too and see how I get on.

I'll let you know,

thanks again,

Steve.

Steve do not try loads of things lol...

Keep it simple mate, change one thing at a time... this way you can work back on what you have done.

Mick

Ok, I've tried loads of things already and had to reset a couple of times.

I've got around 10 years experience with pc's one way or another, building them, taking them apart and upgrading but this is the first time I'v ever tried to extend my network.

I'll tread carefully.

Good advice, cheers.

Back