Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as i know, theres only 4 of us (and admin) who can see this room

hackmax has been mentioned by davidh for his knowledge
osbourne82 has been helping me for quite a while by PM/MSN

fdlsys is very knowledgable, and helped to create the TM9100 andromeda image

madeinbeats is a graphics wizard, hes done all of the graphics for me so far

whats others thoughtson the above, or anyone else for that matter for creating a team? who used to be on the team for the cable images thats still around?

what im thinking is, build upon the name that the DW images got for cable, the DW DM500 image works for satellite as well, so could possible be slightly rewritten / updated, from that CVS should also be able to produce images for DM600 / DM7020

so from 2 CVS wed be able to produce images for

TM500, 600, 500Super, 9100, 9100Super (9101)
DM500, 600, 7020, possibly older ones like 7000 & 5620?

Whats your thoughts on this?

Think i'm going to attempt to learn c++ but we could deffinetly do with some more experienced people :p

i'll just do loads of bash scripts :D

only nick i really reconise is "fdlsys" and it was him that pointed me in the right direction for TM600 "/var/bin/extra_run" startup script... :banana:

also as i said to you already digi, a good mate of mine is interested in getting a TM600 and working on some plugin ideas with me, already knows C++

We can build all the dreambox images for every model from the pli sources and just modify the bit's we want, so long as we acknowledge pli we are within the gpl.

The site i'm on finishes friday so will get the weekend free so will have a play with the dreambox stuff then so long as I get no honey do's.

No problem with any of the names above, wiz569 was in the cable modding team and always helpful as was neorage.

Will most probably look at the dm500 neutrino, commando team have released one which is good but as per usual al has modified it to suit his needs and not thought of what the users may want.

Last edited:
ellie, the only linux i have running is the VMware jobby

would it be worth me repairing my old laptop, and getting full ubuntu installed on that, as ive a feeling the E2 source will need more room

ellie, the only linux i have running is the VMware jobby

would it be worth me repairing my old laptop, and getting full ubuntu installed on that, as ive a feeling the E2 source will need more room

I've been using a Debian vmware image, and using windows network mounts as storage, i've got 1.5TB to work with then rather then 8GB :p

I never thought of using network shares from vmware.

I can't get the tm500/600 images to compile on my recent ubuntu's I had to use my old one from the dreambox image acadamy, they must have changed something.

I when I did the dm600 image it needed about 12gb but that image is long gone unless I uploaded it here (can't remember).

I never thought of using network shares from vmware.

I can't get the tm500/600 images to compile on my recent ubuntu's I had to use my old one from the dreambox image acadamy, they must have changed something.

I when I did the dm600 image it needed about 12gb but that image is long gone unless I uploaded it here (can't remember).

network share also makes it alot easier to move files about and edit in windows... :)

Debian Etch VMware Appliance with VMware Tools

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

is the pre made VMWare image I'm using, works ok with the TuxbBox CVS.

and already has vmware tools etc installed for click drag copying in and out of vmware and also seems to be alot quicker then any other *nix vmware images i've tried, no noticeable lag etc, and that was while i was runing 2 other xp vmware's aswell..

tonedeff, do you still need vmware to use this? ive started downloading it anyway lol

ive PMd hackmax, osborne82, fdlsys and madeinbeats about the possibility of getting together, see if theyre interested

madeinbeats is, already replied

tonedeff, do you still need vmware to use this? ive started downloading it anyway lol

ive PMd hackmax, osborne82, fdlsys and madeinbeats about the possibility of getting together, see if theyre interested

it's a premade 8GB max size Vmware image, will work with VMWare workstation or player

just started noticing "osborne82" nick quite alot while trying to find info through google about compiling and making images :p

Back