Tabuleh with vegetables

astrolab

VIP Member (Resident chef)
Reaction score
Ok, Today, I left some work on my shoulder and I'm sitting here, in front the PC, for post a particular recipe as my Christmas wish for all of you.
It's not a European recipe , due come from Lebanon, and trust me,I know well the Lebanese food, often so good and tasty, so , let's try this one.
The tabuleh is a typical dish of traditional Lebanese cuisine ,is a great fit also for the summer, and can be prepared well in advance before being served.
For the preparation of tabuleh the main ingredient is the burghul (similar in consistency to couscous), a whole grain typical of Middle Eastern countries, rich
in nutrients including vitamins and minerals, which is crushed grains more or less large , by use according to the selected recipe.
For soups is recommended burghul coarser, while for the salads the finer grained.

Ingredients

Burghul fine grained 200 gr
cucumbers 1
onions 1
Lemon Juice of 1 lemon
10 mint leaves
Extra virgin olive oil 4 tablespoons
Ground pepper to taste
1 medium yellow bell peppers
12 cherry tomatoes (or 3 copper)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt q.b.

Method

Rinse the burghul 2 or 3 times in cold water, take a large bowl pour the rinsed and drained burghul and cover with warm water, then let soak for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables: wash and dry the pepper removed the stem, cut in half and remove the seeds and inner strands, then cut into small squares.
Peel the tomatoes, cut them in half, remove the seeds and cut into small squares inside.
Checked and peel the cucumber and cut into squares too. Peel the onion, chop the parsley and chop well.
Prepared now the sauce: in a small bowl place the salt, add the lemon juice and add the extra virgin olive oil, beat the mixture with a fork until you get a nice sauce citronette.
Now take the burghul, drain water well and place in a large bowl: add the mint leaves, chopped vegetables and season with the emulsion of olive oil and lemon. United finally ground black pepper. Stir and let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy it..

Back