surround sound set up problems

Generally it won't come from your TV but from a cable box or sky box or freeview box. I would use an optical digital cable if the source has an output and connect it to the amp. You would normally use a scart cable to connect the source to your TV which would also carry audio to your tv.

If you only have your tv, i.e. with freeview built in and no other external tv source, does your TV have any phono audio outs on it, i.e. red and white connections? Use this to connect it to one of your audio input on the amp.

im having trouble setting up my tv to my new surround sound system

ive just boughttis system from pixmania

http://www.hboutlet.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=122233

how do i connect it to my tv, ive read the manual but what wire do i use, they gave me no digital wires at all, what do you think i need

Thanks

fisal you have the exact same system as me. the reciever has 2 opticals a digital coaxil. and then 2 rca inputs and components. if yout tv has optical use that. if not use rca red and white to connect. failing that you will need to buy a scart with audio out to conect to the reciever.

i have my v+ box through optical.
xbox 360 optical.
dvd player digital coaxil.

therefore i do not need to conect to my tv as it is direct form the v+box.

also you need to select each input manualy ie video 1 video 2 dvd and so on unless you set it to auto input.

Thanks guy, got it working now, dont need the tv in there, freeview is crap

Thanks alot

Back