Super Mario Bros Wii

Just about to check my version shortly via the disk channel. Will let you know if it works

any ideas on how i can get neogamma on a softmodded 3.2e wii also a 4.2 hardmodded wii

It's taken my life over.

thats what Im worried about too lol

I cant wait for this game to work on a modchip,I keep thinking shall I just buy it tomorrow :banana:

has anyone tried it in a wiikey 1. I burned the disc off and when I put it in the wii it asks to do a system update. I don't want to chance it yet. cheers

There's going to be a new Wiikey firmware I believe to fix the problem.

I got an error message with the patched version via the disc channel. I don't think it will work

if anyone is interested i have nswb working from disk on a softmod wii!

you need the New Super Mario Bros Wii USA Wii QwiiF version of the game and this fix New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND put the fix files in same folder as iso and run qf-nsmbw_fixv2 it creates a 2nd iso that will work!

if anyone is interested i have nswb working from disk on a softmod wii!

you need the New Super Mario Bros Wii USA Wii QwiiF version of the game and this fix New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND put the fix files in same folder as iso and run qf-nsmbw_fixv2 it creates a 2nd iso that will work!
thanks will give it a try

found it but i only have qf-nsmbw.bat urs is qf-nsmbw_fixv2 where can i get newer file?
thanks

Last edited:
I think im about to go and buy the game. I can't be assed with the hassle with softmodding anymore, having to feck about everytime a new game comes out.

I think im about to go and buy the game. I can't be assed with the hassle with softmodding anymore, having to feck about everytime a new game comes out.

its working perfect from usb drive m8

GUYS.

I downloaded this version of the game

New Super Mario Bros Wii[PAL][FullISO][WiiSOS.com]

Loading it up with Uloader.....it starts loading, screen goes GREEN then console restarts, why? What am i doing wrong, etc?

Please help. Desperate to play it. Im using DVD. not USB drive, THANKS

i think its only working from SD and USB at the mo ash ....but get a usb hard drive only £44 or less (one game basically) ...it really is the dogs knackers :D ..even my missus playing on it now cant get her off mario tbh .

iv got this working on a hardmodded wii(yaosm), i do have to run it through neogamma via the hbc, if i try to run it from the disc channel i just get the error message before the game even starts

Hey guys, i desperate to play this. I have a spare USB HDD knocking around, could I use this some way to get it working? Anybody got a step by step guide to do this? Im currently on HARDMODDED 3.2E...... Am I right in thinking this wont play on hadmodded wii's?

Hey guys, i desperate to play this. I have a spare USB HDD knocking around, could I use this some way to get it working? Anybody got a step by step guide to do this? Im currently on HARDMODDED 3.2E...... Am I right in thinking this wont play on hadmodded wii's?

ive just been converted to the Hard drive way of playing wii.

as uve got firmware 3.2 i believe u can install the homebrew channel using the homebrew bootdisc. its a older version, but aslong as you have ur wii's wireless setup it will autoupdate for you.

Homebrew channel ISO

Apart from the above, i followed these instructions

USB Loader GX instructions

i think its only working from SD and USB at the mo ash ....but get a usb hard drive only £44 or less (one game basically) ...it really is the dogs knackers :D ..even my missus playing on it now cant get her off mario tbh .

fek sake! long!
ive got a 250gb wd usb hd here. although it is in use.
does it have to be wiped to use for the wii?!

please help, and whats the process for using hard drive on wii.

thanks pal

For USB-Loader Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, Coverfloader, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or OpenWiiFlow, which all should be able to run the Game without any patches needed.
-Or put the fixed ISO on your Drive, using your Favorite Manager, and play it with any Loader you like.
-Or use CFG-Loader and the Alt.dol Trick (rename the fixed main.dol to SMNP.dol and place it under /usb-loader/. Then select in CFG-Loader Alt.dol from SD and play the game)

For Disc-Loader Users (no ModChip, only cIOS):
-The patched game with the PPF-Files below works fine with rev14 and NeoGamma/SoftChip.
-The patched game works with cIOS rev15, and USBLoader GX or uLoader 3.1.

ModChip Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!
-Try GeckoOS, and this PAL or this NTSC Cheat File. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

cIOSCORP Users:
-Patched Game with the PPF-Files below works fine with a rev 14 dipped IOS53-v5406 or IOS53-v5149.
-You'll find that one in cIOSCORP 3.5

Retail Disc Users:
-Disc will work fine from GeckoOS and DiscChannel
-It doesn't matter if you have a ModChip or a cIOS. The retail Disc will work fine!

Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

Or you can search for on the know ISO Sites for an already fixed release. DON'T ASK ANYONE WHERE TO GET THESE!!!

Credits:
-Thanks to this Website, where the Patch was found.
-Thanks to VKI, who made the PPF-Patches
-Thanks to WiiPower, who made the Loader Patches
-Thanks to WiiPower, Dack, Wiiwu, jakejm79, nutta_nic, RetroHero and carbonyle for correcting/giving Infos!
-Thanks for all Members/Coders contributing and helping!

(Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if something is wrong.)

This post has been edited by Blue-K: Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Back